Public Auction in Vermont

/ Public Auction in Vermont #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
I received a flyer today for an auction in Swanton VT. on April 27, at 9:AM rain or shine. There is quite a list of interesting Stuff.
For Example.
JD front mount blades, 3PT snow blowers, 3PT Harley rake, Pronovost 6x10 10,000 gvw dump trailer, Kaufman 8x24 flatbed goose neck trailer, 16' 18' 20' tandom axels with ramps, 20 HP Power King w/ loader, JD 2120, Zetor 5245 4wd w/ loader and cab, Farmall Super C, Farmhall H & M, Case 1494 4wd, IH 724 w/ loader, New Bush Hog 7' backhoe, 4 FD/Alamo 5' - 7' flail mowers, several Ford 8n & 9n's, several Fergeson T020 & T030's, Case / IH 245 4wd w/ loader and 1000 hrs., Case 1845C skid loader.
there is also a large list of Plows, harrows, cultivators, hay and forage equipment, planters, drills and seeders, storage sheds a few small xcav8tr's, a bunch more tractors with many more expected, some enclosed trailers etc. etc.

/ Public Auction in Vermont
For anybody wondering where Swanton Vermont is.
I had to look it up, mainly because I thought I might take a ride to the auction myself. And a ride it would be for me. Swanton VT. is WAY up near the top of VT. North of St. Albans, almost to the border of Quebec.
I think I will pass on this particular auction, to far away for me to bother with.

/ Public Auction in Vermont #3  
Thats more than a 4 cup coffee ride for sure /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif but its a nice drive thru the green mountain state.

Looks like the flyer has some good equipment and I bet the prices would be reasonable.

/ Public Auction in Vermont #4  
That's about 40 minutes north of me. Does the auction house have a Web site I could check out?

Pete

/ Public Auction in Vermont #5  
Pete

Rene J Fournier Equip Inc
PO BOX 141
Swanton, VT 05488
Tel 802-868-4050
Fax 802-868-3481

I don't think he has a web site. I did a search and can't find a web site, just the info above. I would like to go but I can't /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif have to work that day. He usually has a good turn out. His business seems like it growing, keeps expanding his lot. He is right on route 78 just a mile north of Swanton, have to cross the river.

/ Public Auction in Vermont
Derek,
Thanks for posting the auction info for Pete, and you are also correct about there being no website. There flyer which actually was sent to my father lists only address, phone # etc.
The approximate order of sale is stated as such.
Saturday April 27, 2002
9:00 to 11:00 AM
- small misc lots / new 3PH / lawn & garden equipment
11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- farm and industrial equipment / trailers / antique equip
TRACTORS AT APPROX. 3:00 PM

/ Public Auction in Vermont #7  
This has happened for quite a few years. He always has the auction the last part of April. I have two people on vacation at work. I'm about 25 miles away /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. It's teasing to say the least. I wanted to go to the open house in Plainfield NH that Thomas mentioned but I have a pretty important Dr's appointment with my new son. Family and work first.

/ Public Auction in Vermont #8  
On the same weekend there is an <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mjdtools.com/auction/sl2_list.htm>antique tool auction</A> over in Nashua. I always hit the tailgate sale, good stuff usually cheap, but am going to a barn survey and deconstruction that weekend.

/ Public Auction in Vermont #9  
Neat - only about an hour from me. very tempting.

/ Public Auction in Vermont #10  
Pete

Are you going to the Swanton auction?