Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #1  

okanoganjim

Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota L5460HSTC
I’m preparing for the winter months and looking at snowblowers. Anyone have experience with the Land Pride SBP16 series or John Deere Frontier SB1174P?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #2  
I had a push type years ago and for me it didn't work well, a couple of years ago I got a pull type and for my driving froward down a hill works MUCH better.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #3  
How well they work depends on several factors like type of snow, depth of snow, drifting potential, etc.

Wet heavy snow will be packed by tractor wheels so will blower scrape that up.

Depth and drifting: can you drive through the snow pulling the blower?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #4  
I bought a pull type a couple years ago.
I find myself turning around all the time to look at it, so driving forward yes, turning around, still.
I used to back up my driveway snow blowing then drive forward scraping with my new snow pusher. Worked great.
Now I blow and push in the same direction.
Jury is still out.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #5  
I don't have experience with those specific models, but after picking up an Erskine rear pull snowblower last year, I'll NEVER go back to a rear push model. I also have an open station tractor, so this may not be relative, but with the rear push the snowblower would often blow snow back in my face as I was blowing backwards. With the rear pull, I have not had this problem yet. That said, I still want a cab lol, however this is just one of the many advantages of the rear pull.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?
I have done a bit more research on the two blowers. Called dealers and got some pricing info. The John Deere is surprisingly less expensive than the land pride, about $3k less in fact. The land Pride weighs 330 lbs more and looks to have a bit larger fan and auger. I am leaning towards the JD because of the costs and the fact the dealer seemed certain he could get me one by the end of August. Kubota dealer thought sometime in September. I have had problems in the past waiting for Kubota products that didn’t arrive. I am impressed with what I see in the online videos for both units. I like how they have a large access door on the back for clean out. Traditional style inverted blowers look like a nightmare to access the fan blades.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #7  
I have a MK Martin - Meteor rear pull snowblower, and I love it. I rarely need to look backward. I woud also look at the Normand and Pronovost snowblowers.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #8  
Normand Inverted 82” owner here.
Before retiring had a 72” Provonost front unit on a larger frame same HP tractor.
Night and day difference. The Normand is hands down the best attachment I own. I’ll never get rid of it. I made a custom scraper on the rear to score driveway ice if we get an ice storm
IMG_5245.jpeg

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #9  
Beaver Cove, how do those R14's do in the snow?