Snow Pulled a triple First time

/ Pulled a triple First time #1  

fdmars

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS & Power Beyond Kit
14" in CT, did the driveway this AM, Pulled a triple....picked up a rock in the snowblower and broke all 3 shear pins Glad I had extra, better get some more. Still blowing like crazy, can only throw snow w/ the wind or else get a facefull. Gotta love it

/ Pulled a triple First time #2  
I hate that face full. Had a Frontier walk behind blower in last years blizzards and would have to walk the blower 500+ ft to end of driveway and then blow coming back up only.

Guess you are glad engineers way back thought about shear-pins huh? 3 at one time...imagine the damage that may have otherwise been done!

/ Pulled a triple First time
OH yeah, I love shear pins...or better yet the brains to stay away from the rock walls:confused:

/ Pulled a triple First time #4  
14" in CT, did the driveway this AM, Pulled a triple....picked up a rock in the snowblower and broke all 3 shear pins Glad I had extra, better get some more. Still blowing like crazy, can only throw snow w/ the wind or else get a facefull. Gotta love it

Those kinds of days will really make ya glad that you got a tractor... and not a shovel!

How about a pic or three?

Love to see how the rest of the country is "weathering this winter"!

AKfish

/ Pulled a triple First time #5  
Just think how much money was saved by shearing all 3 bolts... $$$$$$$$$$$$

/ Pulled a triple First time #6  
I'll call your 3 shear pins and raise you a chain!!!

I just learned where the 2nd shear pin is on mine...

I have a fairly light one on the jackshaft that drive the auger sprocket, a heavier one where the PTO meets the gearbox. If I have a third, where do you think it might be??

I've been through a chain already too!! I think my machine was demo'd pretty hard, and the chain had many, many cracked and rusted links. It failed at the same time

-Jer.