Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #1  

diesel lover

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,
Was driving to Crawfordsville Indiana and had an important job interview at 10 am. On my way just 2 miles before I made it to this place there was a Chevy impala in the ditch. I have been there done done that years ago when I had a ball joint snap on a pickup truck. I try to always be a good sameritan. Even if I don't know the person. Dead battery's/ failure to start, flat tires, other car issues, stuck, I try to help other people as many others have helped me. I only see it's right if you expect help you should give help too. After moving into Indianapolis it became very tough to help people as this town is dangerous. I do LEGALLY carry a hand gun at 23 years old to prevent getting myself into a bad situation or having one get any worse. I do very little in and near Indianapolis, but I am comfortable to help people in all the smaller and countryside towns.

I got a LITTLE off track on this subject!

When I passed him I slowed down and pulled into the nearest driveway to get off the busy road. I asked him if he was okay and offered my help. He was just ecstatic and excepted! I told him I had an interview soon so I would have to move quickly. I positioned the rear of my truck to the rear of his car, installed my 2 inch receiver hitch and grabbed my 15 foot hooked tow strap. Without a hitch on his car to tow into I used my hooked tow strap and went for a slot in the subframe/ unibody. He knew I had done this quite a few times before. I dropped my truck into first gear and eased onto the tow strap until it was taught. When I throttled into it his car came right out!!!! Good feeling!

He was showing a lot of happy-ness and shook my hand a second time. He acted like he wanted to pay me but that's not what I wanted. I only wanted to improve someone else's day!

Although he went straight in the car came out quite easily. My truck 97/ f150/ 4.2 V6/ auto/ 2wd/ 3.08 rear end ratio. I was happy my truck did it so well and no one got hurt. I have pulled out VERY stuck semi trucks Hooked to two 28 foot trailers at the same time using a pay loader so this was a much smaller scale.

How many of you still help people you do not know? I do as long as I will be safe and I can see that it was not caused by extreme speed, texting or drinking and driving. I made it to the interview ten minutes early still as towing the car out of the ditch only took seconds. I always carry 2 ratchet straps, a 15 foot hooked tow strap and a 20 foot recoil/ looped snatch strap rated at 7,000 pounds and breaking strength of 20k, tools, a bottle jack and a floor jack, 24 inch breaker bar, and still roadside service/ towing

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #2  
Glad you helped out, have did the same thing.

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview
Glad you helped out, have did the same thing.
Thank you! It's the right thing to do. My last towing bill was 420$ ! 400$ was covered by insurance. Honestly a wrecker would have probably cost this guy 100$ or more

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #4  
Was driving to Crawfordsville Indiana and had an important job interview at 10 am. On my way just 2 miles before I made it to this place there was a Chevy impala in the ditch. I have been there done done that years ago when I had a ball joint snap on a pickup truck. I try to always be a good sameritan. Even if I don't know the person. Dead battery's/ failure to start, flat tires, other car issues, stuck, I try to help other people as many others have helped me. I only see it's right if you expect help you should give help too. After moving into Indianapolis it became very tough to help people as this town is dangerous. I do LEGALLY carry a hand gun at 23 years old to prevent getting myself into a bad situation or having one get any worse. I do very little in and near Indianapolis, but I am comfortable to help people in all the smaller and countryside towns. I got a LITTLE off track on this subject! When I passed him I slowed down and pulled into the nearest driveway to get off the busy road. I asked him if he was okay and offered my help. He was just ecstatic and excepted! I told him I had an interview soon so I would have to move quickly. I positioned the rear of my truck to the rear of his car, installed my 2 inch receiver hitch and grabbed my 15 foot hooked tow strap. Without a hitch on his car to tow into I used my hooked tow strap and went for a slot in the subframe/ unibody. He knew I had done this quite a few times before. I dropped my truck into first gear and eased onto the tow strap until it was taught. When I throttled into it his car came right out!!!! Good feeling! He was showing a lot of happy-ness and shook my hand a second time. He acted like he wanted to pay me but that's not what I wanted. I only wanted to improve someone else's day! Although he went straight in the car came out quite easily. My truck 97/ f150/ 4.2 V6/ auto/ 2wd/ 3.08 rear end ratio. I was happy my truck did it so well and no one got hurt. I have pulled out VERY stuck semi trucks Hooked to two 28 foot trailers at the same time using a pay loader so this was a much smaller scale. How many of you still help people you do not know? I do as long as I will be safe and I can see that it was not caused by extreme speed, texting or drinking and driving. I made it to the interview ten minutes early still as towing the car out of the ditch only took seconds. I always carry 2 ratchet straps, a 15 foot hooked tow strap and a 20 foot recoil/ looped snatch strap rated at 7,000 pounds and breaking strength of 20k, tools, a bottle jack and a floor jack, 24 inch breaker bar, and still roadside service/ towing

Good man, hope you get the job.

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #5  
Good job, hope you get the job.
I help people when I have the capability and it seems safe.

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #6  
I do the same all the time. I live in the country and it's just the way we do things.

Now for indianapolis. I have lived here for 40 years. Worked here for 20. I don't find it one bit dangerous. Yes, there are murders but look at the neighborhoods they take place in. 99% come back to gangs or drugs. Do I carry, yes. But even without I'm not scared. Just be smart where you go and what you do.

Hope you get the job. What type of work are you looking for? I know lots of people.

Chris

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #7  
Hope that Karma you deposited in the bank helps with the interview.

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview
I do the same all the time. I live in the country and it's just the way we do things. Now for indianapolis. I have lived here for 40 years. Worked here for 20. I don't find it one bit dangerous. Yes, there are murders but look at the neighborhoods they take place in. 99% come back to gangs or drugs. Do I carry, yes. But even without I'm not scared. Just be smart where you go and what you do. Hope you get the job. What type of work are you looking for? I know lots of people. Chris
Currently a truck mechanic, looking for work on AG tractors, CUT tractors, and rental equipment companies. In Crawfordsville I drove to Case/ international harvester. I liked being a truck mechanic but then I really didn't because I don't like to skip steps and they act like they want me to. My co workers did. I am just seeing what I can get into that I would enjoying doing a great job at.

As of right now I live in whitestown Indiana

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #9  
passed a young couple standing by their MC on the road last summer - I was pulling my trailer at the time and thought at the time our meeting at that particular moment wasn't by a coincidence. So we put the bike on the trailer, lashed it down, and I drove them to the next town where they could make arrangements for service. I ride bike, too, and know what it's like to leave it on the side of the road and wait for someone to pull over to help a guy in leathers...
Having said that, with the increased traffic and changing demographics with the oilfield industry going full-bore, I'll first consider calling the HP for a motorist assist these days.

/ Pulled car out of the ditch on the way to my job interview #10  
I used to pick up any hitch hiker I found if he looked decent enough but not anymore, not for decades since all the crimes escaladed.
I will offer assistance to a motorist with a dead battery in a parking lot (in daylight, not at night). Due to all the emergency services available at the beck and call from your cell phone, there isn't really any emergency need for helping stranded folks past making a telephone call for them IF they happen not to have a cell phone unless they are stranded in a desert or snow storm with out any emergency supplies.

Due to age and infirmities, I am no longer the white knight coming to the aid of the damsel in distress for most roadside emergencies, but I still try to do as much as I can when I deem it safe.
A few days ago, a dead pine tree had blown down across Hwy 7 and had one lane completely blocked and the other about 3/4 blocked. Even though it is hard for me to bend down due to back problems, I stopped and my Grandson and I helped a couple of young guys remove all the wood from the road. Amazing at how many cars had just stopped in the road and sat in their cars waiting for traffic so they could drive thru the small limbs and get around the big stuff rather than get out and help. I was really surprised at the 20 something's that did get out and clear the road which renewed my faith a bit in the new generation.