Comparison Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #1  

johnwilldo

Bronze Member
North Eastern Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley
Tractor
John Deere 2305
Hi,

I have been away from TBN for a while. As a result of the good and very helpful advice from this forum, I was able to decide between the John Deere 2305 and the Kubota BX 23. They were very close in comparison. I selected the John Deere 2305 and added the Quick disconnect FEL, 60" belly mower and a 5' bush hog. I later bought a rear blade to help spread sand for a new outdoor arena.

After using the tractor for the summer of 2010 and logging about 75 hours of seat time I am delighted at the choice and size. The FEL is a serioursly good tool and I really needed the low center of gravity profile of the 2305.

There is not much difference in the Kubota and the John Deere. The hydraulics for the John Deere are supposed to be a tad better (according to the selling dealer), but I think that it can be a matter of personal choice. I think that you can't go wrong with either the BX 23 or the 2305.

I have a small and very hilly horse farm in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The tractor is used primarily for mowing, but has done well with the FEL for dirt and snow removal and for pulling the cars up the lane during heavy winter snows. The rear three point hitch does great pulling up large wooden fence posts. It also does well pulling out junk brush.

Last edited:
   / Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor. We use a 2305 on one farm and a BX2660 on another.

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #3  
congrats on your new tractor.glad you like it.

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #4  
John,

I haven't heard of anyone using a 5 foot rotary cutter on a 2305 before. How does it handle it?

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green
Hi,

The five foot rotary cutter handles most of the field mowing and small brush and seems to be a good match. I have used it over 30 hours without a glitch. There is lots of shale in our area so I do not want to use the belly mower for the fields. The shale that works its way to the surface can dull the belly mower blades rather fast. I am really delighted with these compact tractors. They are not the toys that I first imagined. They are like lawn tractors on steriods!

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #6  
Well......what with no pics.........................:laughing::laughing:

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #7  
2305 nice choice we realy like ours works good at everything it does .moved a lot of snow and was warm doing it only one thing I wish I had one years ago.

/ Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #8  
Every time I put my cheeks on the seat of my tractor I smile. I visited my local dealer yesterday for some maintenance parts and didn't even look at another woman...er...I mean tractor. Enjoy your new rig!

Last edited:
   / Pulled the Trigger..Decided on Green #9  
One thing you might want to change on your 2305 is to put a guard on your hazard lights, we are on our third set. Now we just have them taped to the ROPS until my son can fab up some protection.