Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #11  
I'm on my 3rd season on a cyclone rake and so far so good.
Since I run gator blades I don't have to worry about the space age plastic impeller not slice'n & dice'n as the debris is cut up pretty good before it even gets to the impeller.
Those occasional twigs and walnuts haven't damaged it either.

Attachments

• Compost 1.jpg
    Compost 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 933
  • Compost 2.jpg
    Compost 2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 750
   / Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake
Volfandt said:
Since I run gator blades I don't have to worry about the space age plastic impeller not slice'n & dice'n as the debris is cut up pretty good before it even gets to the impeller.

So whats the deal on those gator blades, are they mulching blades?

How is the fabric bagger and zipper holding up? any complaints yet?

Thanks for the pics.... Tuesday is delivery day and can wait to try it out....

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #13  
Volfandt said:

Do you encounter any leaf dust?

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #14  
You will love the Cyclone Rake.* My dad, brother-in-law, and myself went in on one and I can't say enough good things about it.* It is possibly the best engineering I have seen.* The fabric is thick and should hold up for years.* Being able to totally take it apart for storage is quite nice to.* Ours in hooked up on my John Deere 277AWS and is a very good combo.* Ours came with a B&S 6.0 horsepower engine and that is more than enough for it.* I honestly don't think one could feed it enough debris to stall it.* We went with the larger hose.* I have only plugged it twice and it was my fault because I was trying to suck up leaves when it was still wet out.* I wouldn't say that it does the best job of shredding the leaves, but if you slow down it will help with this.* It will be dusty just to let you know.* It has a vent on the top of the holding area and the dust and tiny leaf debris fly out of there. Any other questions, please ask.

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #15  
Mustangous said:
So whats the deal on those gator blades, are they mulching blades?

How is the fabric bagger and zipper holding up? any complaints yet?

Thanks for the pics.... Tuesday is delivery day and can wait to try it out....

I can't comment on the gator blades, but I am on my third year with the CR as well (Commercial Pro, 7HP). Attached is a photo of the first two years work, taken 11/12/06. (Note to ROPS police - don't bother) Mainly Oak leaves. I recently mixed the year one compost with a load of topsoil and spread it in some low areas of my yard/field and seeded. I am very pleased with the results! I also attached some photos of the CR in action from 2005.

The fabric bagger and zipper are holding up well (about 36 hrs use). The zippers don't really get used much. The bag has flaps that are secured with velcro and latching clips. The only problem I've had so far is with the plastic guards inside the bag - they are attached in the line of the intake air flow, to protect the fabric. One is attached with snaps and it is replacable, but the other is sewn in to the vent/screen. When I emptied a load last fall, I found a 1 1/2" x 4" piece of dead oak branch impaled in the fixed guard. I repaired it with a generous amount of duct tape, and it's holding up so far.

Be advised, it is LOUD! Hearing protection is highly recommended, as well as eye protection (CR included goggles with my rake). Also, it creates copious amounts of dust, especially in dry conditions. Vacuuming in windy conditions is a challenge due to the blowing debris in the air. However, I consider the CR one of the best purchases I have ever made. I could never manage the leaves without it.

Attachments

• leaf piles.JPG
    leaf piles.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 707
  • CR in action 1.JPG
    CR in action 1.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 821
  • CR in action 2.JPG
    CR in action 2.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 721
  • leaves all done for now.JPG
    leaves all done for now.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 696
   / Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake
Thanks all, for all your replys. I recieved it today late afternoon, but had to run to work(2nd shift) so didnt get to play with any thing yet.... Cant wait to check it out....

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #17  
I purchased the cyclone rake about 3 weeks ago. This thing is great. You do have to pay attention due to the added length when mowing close to obsticles and when its full it can be tough to move. So far it's been money well spent.

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #18  
I got a CR three years ago, it is the pro model, it is excelent! Dusty yes, but they all are, just the nature of the beast, or the screens would clog too fast.

You will like it!

/ Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #19  
   / Pulled the trigger on a Cyclone rake #20  
This is my 4th year for a cyclone rake. 200 gal 6hp. Love it. It can be dusty but put a hooded shift on. Load too, but well worth wearing ear muffs to get the leaves sucked up. It does make your tractor/mower longer with the drawbar but that is what makes it great backing up. Since I got mine 4 or 5 co-workers have got one to. Everyone likes the amount of space it can be stored in when not in use.
Overall a great tool if you have a lot of leaves to deal with.