Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST #11  
Well, after months of searching, comparing and shopping, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 3016HST with FEL, 5ft cutter and 5ft box blade. Delivery was on Saturday. We have been so dry this summer but as luck would have it, Southeast Texas had it's fair share of rain this week including about 3-1/2 inches just 10 mins after the tractor was delivered. As it was, I still managed to get about 3 hours of seat time this weekend which is good since I won't be able to use it for another 2-3 weeks due to work. Thanks to all on TBN for all of their posts and knowledge which greatly helped in my decision.

This is my first tractor (have worked on my FIL's many times over the last several years) and it will be used mostly on my deer lease and at the FIL's.
Now you went and did it... got mud all over those new tires,, ha, ha. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST #13  
I have one of these from Wells Ag. It is sheet steel. I like it.. Of course it would wad up if you hit a big enough limb, Small limbs have not been a problem for me:)

Wells Ag Company

James K0UA

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST
jonyyuma said:
Very nice looking rig, and with shuttle shift..Enjoy..

Mine is actually HST. My FIL's old Massey was a gear drive and when mowing around trees and FEL work it seemed like a pain to me so I went with the HST and really like it so far.

I have been thinking about this canopy Tractor SunShade since it has the easy connect and disconnect. Anyone have any experience withis product?

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST #16  
Congratulations dnelson60! I have been thinking about 3016 with FEL and 3616 4WD HST with FEL. I see that you bought the tractor and three implements. Will you be able to tell what you paid for just the tractor and FEL? Is your 3016 4WD? Did you price out the 3616? This will be a great help in my shopping!
Many thanks!

allizwell said:
Congratulations dnelson60! I have been thinking about 3016 with FEL and 3616 4WD HST with FEL. I see that you bought the tractor and three implements. Will you be able to tell what you paid for just the tractor and FEL? Is your 3016 4WD? Did you price out the 3616? This will be a great help in my shopping!
Many thanks!

For the tractor and FEL the price was $16,900 with quick attach bucket and grill guard, delivered. I chose the 4.25% financing option. My 3016 is 4WD. I did get one quote on the 3616 and it was around $18,800 with FEL.

Good luck with whichever model you choose and remember to post some pictures. Let me know if you need any more information.

Well, got another 3. Hours of fun, I mean seat time today. Gotta say, I do love this tractor. It is pretty easy on the fuel. All 3 hours today were brush hogging at 2400 rpm and used less than 3 gallons of diesel. Only got to 97 today. Really need to get a canopy.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST #19  
Well, got another 3. Hours of fun, I mean seat time today. Gotta say, I do love this tractor. It is pretty easy on the fuel. All 3 hours today were brush hogging at 2400 rpm and used less than 3 gallons of diesel. Only got to 97 today. Really need to get a canopy.

A canopy makes all the difference in the world, I worked until 2:00 in the sun, under my canopy, about 100 degrees. I would have never been able to do that without the canopy.

James K0UA

/ Pulled the trigger on a new 3016 HST #20  
Hey David,

I'm in Huntsville, and this is one of the finalists on my list. What dealer did you use? I may need to stop in and see them when I get home for Christmas on my leave. Will they do custom packages?

David Warner