• Block Heater
  • Filled Tires
  • Front Chains
  • Rear Hydraulics
  • 3rd Function
  • Couple Hooks on the Front Bucket
  • Shop & Parts Manual
  • And a 50" Wicked Grappler

We are very thrilled and looking forward to get control of the snow loads again. Thank you everyone who helped us with Information and pointers.

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #3  
Congratulations!

Now you get to read all of the threads advising you what to do once it arrives.

Then the threads advising you what you need to improve your tractor (members spending your money, of course).

Followed by the threads... well, you get the idea. :)

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #4  
Congratulations! I've been shopping and this one is at the top of my list.

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #5  
Its a good sign when "we" agree on the exact tractor. Congratulations - now all the TBNers can help you spend on implements.

That is really a nice sized unit. I think you will really like the open station concept - I'm older than dirt and still like to be "out in it". When its really cold - I'm sure I look like an overstuffed Eskimo in all my Eddie Bauer down jacket and pants.

As far as handling snow - a rear blade will do a great job. Remember - when the blade is angled and offset it will cut a considerably narrower path.

Example - my rear tires are 80" wide - outside to outside. My uber heavy duty Rhino rear blade is 96" wide. I offset it 24" to the right and angle it around 40 degrees. At that setting it will cut a path approximately 75 inches wide. Looking forward from behind the tractor and blade - the cut path is the inner half width of the left tire and out about ten inches beyond the outside of the right tire.

Final thought - a rear blade will be used for more than snow removal. Driveway maintenance, initial yard grading, leveling and smoothing and creating all sorts of earthly improvements.

Weight is DEFINITELY your friend. My initial rear blade, which I still have, Land Pride RB3596 @ 565 pounds and 96" wide - great for snow removal on my mile long gravel driveway. Simply too light to penetrate my driveway, as it turns to concrete, for any type of summer maintenance. I purchased a Rhino 950 rear blade - 96" wide and 1000 pounds. This definitely has the weight to do summer driveway maintenance.

Last edited:
   / Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #6  
BIG congrats on your new investment. :thumbsup:
Your muxcles and bones will be thank you in years to come,and your project list just got a little bit longer. ;)

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #7  
Congrats! Do you have a plan for dealing with the snow? There's better choices out there, but a 7' light duty back blade will pair well with your loader bucket and won't break the bank.

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #8  
Congrats! I wish I had gotten the third function and rear hydraulics right from day one like you are doing. Not to mention the grapple!!!

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor
Thanks everyone, yes we are looking forward to work/play with our new Toy/Tool.
For Snow removal, for right now we will do it with the FEL. We are pretty much boxed in. Over the last several weeks we had several 16"+ dumps and with my Snowblower in the shop it all has been pushed into walls barley wide enough for a Truck at this point. For the future a rear Blade will probably make it to our inventory and my "dream" is a V-Style Pull behind Blower. All in good time.
The Grappler was on my list "Thanks to this Forum & YouTube" and I asked the dealer about it and he said he had one. Well not anymore. :)
Will be a great tool for our property and firewood.
The next things will be a Landplane to fix up the Driveway and then see what makes it to the wish List.
For the Hydraulics, I see so many uses on the Front ones that I just bit the bullet and went with the 3rd Function. Instead of running lines to the Front. Dealer included the Rear one, which could come in handy for Wood Splitter, Chipper or ......
For the "open Station", well couple things where against the enclosed Cab: Price, Me Tall/wide and our Land is very treed. Just a Roof might happen with a soft sided kit, maybe someday. But it isn't really cold around here to justify that at the time.
Pics will follow when it arrives.

/ Pulled the Trigger on a new Tractor #10  
Snow is pretty light, but you should still consider some weight on the three point as ballast. A rear blade would be okay. Not great, but it will help, and it'll assist greatly in snow removal. Otherwise, you could add some pins to a barrel full of sand or concrete. When you get that grapple, having weight on the back is pretty much necessary for safe operation. There should be some info in your operators manual about how much is the right amount.