Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !!

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #1  

M. Sullivan

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710 w/ 402 Loader and 72" belly mower.
Thanks to all the fine folks who have helped answer my seemingly endless questions over the past few weeks. Special thanks to PaulB, Bird and M. Chalkley-would have taken much longer to sort out everything without your help!

My new B2710 was delivered yesterday. Really choked on the extra $$ over the B7500, but seems like it will do everything I need effortlessly. Up to 0.3 hours, and through 1 of 4 manuals so far! The manuals are surprisingly good, especially compared to some JD ones I've had the displeasure of using.

One key thing I learned, a least for a newbie to tractors, is don't underestimate the value of a good dealer. Got mine through Alderman's in Lennon, MI-a huge dealer within an hour of me. Tim Alderman was absolutely outstanding to deal with-couldn't ask for a more accommodating, honest and straight-forward person to deal with. In addition to exceeding every expectation I had (including price, locally), he bent over backwards to research and answer my every question. He had numerous opportunities to push me in one direction or the other in choosing between the 7500/2710, but never did-just provided the info. and his experience. MUCH APPRECIATED!! He even went so far as to have a bucket hook welded on before bringing it for a test drive in the event I wanted to keep it (which I did). Once decided to target the 2710, he even talked me out of a more expensive r. blade.

Debated going the buy on-line route, and have to say Steve Carver was super accommodating as well. But for the support I feel I will need, having access to their expertise, and the confidence of seeing Alderman's service center did it for me. Plus, traded an old piece of equipment for a fair price (basically what he told me sight unseen over the phone). Tim also provides pick-up/delivery for future warranty and service needs. For my situation, these items alone are worth the 3-4% I could have saved. Combined with the customer service I received from Tim during the decision process, I feel I got a great deal.

Off to read more manuals, and play in the dirt. Thanks again to all!!

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #2  
I sure understand what you mean about the extra $$$. When I traded in my B7100 for the B2710, all I absolutely really wanted was power steering, so I considered going with the smaller cheaper models, but now I'm glad I didn't, and I'll bet you will be, too. We may have PaulB trading up, too, one of these days/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Bird

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #3  
Geez Bird I dunno - with the Amsoil in her I can hardly keep the rubber side down as it is, might get into real trouble if I had a bigger machine./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #4  
You're welcome! We're all glad to be able to help - that's what this board is for.

Congratulations on the new tractor and keep us informed of what you use it for and how you like it.

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #5  
Oh, I forgot, PaulB, if you decide it ain't strong enough, you can always hook one of your bicycles onto the front end of it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #6  
Like Bird and Mark said, nothing is more fun to us than spending other peoples' money! Seriously, hope you enjoy your new machine - I have never driven one, but I know nobody who owns one who doesn't love it. Wear that seatbelt, OK!!

/ Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! #7  
Re: Pulled the Trigger....Thanks to All !! :eek:)

Congatulations on your new Kubota purchase Mike,
and I hope you have many hours of fun. :eek:)