Pulled this old Oliver out of the field...

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #241  
Keep posting Mopar stories, and md may forget to update us on Ollie !

;)

My Valiant memory is driving my friends family's 2 door at 14 years old (long story)..... great car (it survived all us kids), but it had what we called anti-power steerng - I've driven old trucks that didn't have manual steering that stiff.

Rgds, D.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #242  
Had both the big 6 and 318...

The 6 was as thrifty as I could ask for... also towed numerous 1 yard concrete trailers... what a work horse and had it converted to be my truck... back seat out and shelves.

Problem is I was limited power wise what I tow up the steep hill coming home... a few times I would have to shovel out half a trailer of rock and come back for it...

The 318 had plenty of power but the mileage was real bad...

Only posting as the OP is a Mopar Man...

Had 340 Dart stick and Cuda stick and Road Runner and Super Bee... simply couldn't take the chance with gas prices... so snapped up the slant 6...

Guess if I would have kept the ones I got rid of I would be a wealthy!!!

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #243  
...Guess if I would have kept the ones I got rid of I would be a wealthy!!!

Going by the prices alluded to on Graveyard Carz (which is just down the road in Springfield), that's very true.
Mark and the guys turn out some quality cars.

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #244  
Yep... old enough to remember when people couldn't wait to jettison muscle cars... and trading them for Vega and Pintos...

Dark days for sure... the price of gas doubled and you could only buy 10 gallons if available and on odd or even days...

Know someone that bought a Olds Wagon with a 350 sticker on the air cleaner... turned out it was a 455... someone changed it to unload it...

Mopar had been really hard hit... that Dart with the 340 and stick had only 17,000 miles... it sold for $1600 and was like new.

Lots of old projects still getting pulled from the fields and barns... but the cost to do a full on restoration is beyond the stratosphere in some cases...

I've seen some really nice restored 50 to 60 year old tractors worth more in parts than the price they sold for...

/ Pulled this old Oliver out of the field... #245  
Great thread, thanks for sharing, lots of goon information I'll be able to use. I just picked up one of these and I'll start going through it in the next week or 2