Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today...

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #1  

KeithInSpace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
$5,150. Including pickup/delivery of my tractor and all installation. Hope to get it installed in 2 to 3 weeks. Getting 100 hour service done at same time along with some minor FEL hydro leaks fixed.

Got the 12" bucket. Waiting for Wallenstein Thumb to come back up on E-Bay. Also waiting for verification from Bro-Tek that their Ripper Tooth can fit the BH6000.

My goal is to never need to pick up a shovel again. Just sit on my tractor and wag the sticks.

Only hitch is the 'small' ROPS on my tractor. Hope I don't have to buy the 'basket handle' from the BX23 to make enough room for my noggin. We'll see.

Pretty darn excited. Will post pictures when I get the whole thing back.

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #2  
You'll love it. Unless you are really large, you'll be fine with the ROPS. One thing I do not like is the seat and would like to know if the BX23/24 seat can be retrofitted.

Congrats!:D

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today...
6' and 190#. Though I'd like to be 175#. Don't think I'm going to get any shorter. I think I'll be OK, too. Hopefully.

I know they make my seat 'spin', but I didn't get into the specifics. I played with the BX24 seat at the dealership and it looked pretty neat. Don't know if it's anything like that. We'll see, I guess. Hopefully it will be OK for my muddy rear...not like I'm sleeping in the thing.

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #4  
Now I'm totally jeolous! I could certainly put a BH to use. Just difficult to justify the cost to the CFO. It sounds like you got a good deal though.

Congrats on the new toy, um... err... I mean, TOOL.

;)

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #5  
My goal is to never need to pick up a shovel again. Just sit on my tractor and wag the sticks.
Thats a goal I myself pursue with utmost vigor :D :D
Congrats on the upcoming new implement. With that thumb you may occasionally find yourself haveing to dismount from the seat and actually stand beside the machine when you go to grasp a large object but, wiggleing the sticks is about as hard a sweat as you're likely to break :D

A BX equipped w/an FEL, BH and thumb makes one heck-of-a wood processor. The addition of a grapple (which I am contemplateing) would virtually complete the beast :D

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #6  
KeithInSpace said:
Also waiting for verification from Bro-Tek that their Ripper Tooth can fit the BH6000.

I started a thread 3 years ago, inquiring about putting a ripper on the end of a BX bh arm and in place of the bucket. Two links were posted in the thread showing rippers that might fit, one by bobcat and the other by metkit. Bobcat link seems defunct now. In case the Bro-Tek doesn't work out, here's that thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/41039-can-u-replace-bh-bucket.html

My local Kubota svc. mgr. showed me some "tiger teeth" they offer for both the BX24 and the Woods BH6000. I don't remember who made them, but could probably search my cache or call them for you. He said they'd rip hard stuff much better than the std. teeth that come on a bucket. Let me know if your dealer can't find you some.

If you Google "tiger teeth" along with "backhoe", you'll get quite a few hits.

Keith, I love my Markam TB on BX FEL. Do you have a TB, hay forks, or grapple on your FEL? You seem like the kind of guy who likes to have as many accessories as possible.

Last edited:
   / Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today...
Tom_H said:
You seem like the kind of guy who likes to have as many accessories as possible.

Awww, see, now you're going to make me feel bad. I'm just one of those guys that likes to have the right tool on hand for the jobs I have lined up. I'm already $20,000 in to this widget that some folks call a "lawn mower", what's another few bucks to make darn sure I can make martini's with the stupid thing?

I appreciate the tought on the ripper and teeth. I'll take a look at it.

As far as the FEL stuff, I haven't even really thought about a tooth bar. Not sure why. Perhaps my projects haven't really called for it. Perhaps I have this odd clinical aversion to drilling holes in the bucket. Don't know. As cool as a grapple would be, I think I always knew a BH was in my future and figured that would solve most of my problems without having to store another attachment. Or maybe my small children take up enough of my time to keep me out of REAL trouble. And my 3 car garage seems to be getting smaller all the time.

Of course I could dig my own footers for a NEW garage now...hmmmmm...

/ Pulled trigger on Woods BH6000 BH for my BX2230 today... #8  
KeithInSpace said:
Of course I could dig my own footers for a NEW garage now...hmmmmm...

:cool: Cool! That's exactly what I'm doing this spring!