Pulling T-posts

/ Pulling T-posts #11  
   / Pulling T-posts #12  
they make 1 man, no exit tractor setups for pulling tpost if you have a loader.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/269107-speeco-t-post-puller-anyone.html

Heres what Soundguy is refering too . Can't tell you how good it works haven't used mine yet. Also there are video's on YouTube demonstrateing this tool. Can also mount to PHD tube or boom pole. Paid $ 2.04 for mine on clearance origignal price was like $69.99 (yikes-:() Read whole thread it will lead you to links on YT.

Boone

/ Pulling T-posts #13  
This seems like a good idea and cheap to build. Add to your FEL.

You might figure a way to get the puller to release the post by lowering it to the ground and let the post fall to the side then go back and pick up all the posts??

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...my-t-post-puller.html?highlight=t+post+puller

I've used that gadet number of times since posting that. If I have a helper I'll hang off the bucket so helper can slip it over the post the take the post out and put it in bucket after I pull it. When by myself I hook on my Quick Hitch (top hook), back up to the post and get off the tractor to slip it on and run te 3pt standing on the ground. The take the post out and toss it down the line close to next post, back up and pull that one then put 2 posts in the loader with only 1 trip to front of the tractor.

It was mentioned here to scrap the posts. I don't know what shape they are in but around here used steel posts will bring $2.00 ea if straight and have some paint left on them. New are around $5.00.

Rolling up old barbed wire: Do you have an old steel barrel, wrap all the strands around the barrel then roll the barrel back over the wire to wrap it up then sell barrel with wire on it. Just a thought.

/ Pulling T-posts #14  
I use my Ratchet Rake. The first time I tried it I pulled over 60 posts as quick as I could move to the next post. Only bent up the first two getting the right angle.
Rachet Rake post 02.jpg

/ Pulling T-posts
Thanks for some good solutions. Most of these posts are in rock. I don't think holes were drilled for them but just driven into cracks between the rocks. Most are not pullable by hand no matter how much you wiggle them first. The bucket & chain is working OK for now but I do like bcp's idea. I just might waste too much time trying to get the post in the hole. My tractor's not a hydrostatic.

/ Pulling T-posts #16  
If you are welding the box to the side of the bucket, put it on the right side, not the left. With the FEL controls on the right so it will be much easier to see what you are doing while trying to do it without having to try to see one side of the tractor and run controls on the other.