Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #11  
Very good stuff..I am thrilled to see some Pulse talk on here. Although I have trained with it a lot over the years, ( twin pulse more) I have been enjoying a an RE: to Stick Welding. Never knew it could be so cool.. After all. Anyone can lay a perfect bead with Twin Pulse. Not so with Stick. Guess I like it all..

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #12  
I definitely like the looks of the pulsed better, and it appears to have penetrated better too.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test.
   / Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #15  
What gas mixture are you using when mig pulsing. I called lincoln and they told me I had to use 90/10 argon co2.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #16  
90/10 at least but many use 92/8 and 95/5. Stainless often is 98/2 or a little Helium in there. 90/10 will work fine. Actually, 75/25 will work in a non cometic application. You may get a small amount of spatter if gun angle is not perfect. Fun Stuff...Try it out if you ever get the chance.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test.
Those welds were with 75/25.

All we have at work is the 75/25 and the 100% argon.

The miller chart does say that you can adjust the arc control setting to adjust for different gas mixes.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #18  
Has anyone used a gas mixer. They are expensive, but would cut down on bottles and let you vary percentages to fine tune what you are doing.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #19  
I have a mixer. It works pretty good. It is the Smith version. Needs to be calibrated every other year or so. I find these used for around $150.00. I guess you can save some money if you need several mixes. I use Argon, 75/25, 92/8 and 98/2 so makes sense to have a mixer. Most people wont need it. Thermal Arc is building a new 252 amp Mig ,Tig, Stick combo in New Hampshire that will run spatter free on CO2. Has a Wire Sharpening Circuit, Inductance Control and more on Mig, Hot Start and Arc Force on Stick, Slope and Trigger lock for TIG. Weighs 60#. Based off of the Thermal Dynamics Plasma Inverter technology I am told. This should be a big deal. They say it will be out in November. Cool looking too. I plan to stop and see it at Fab - Tech.

/ Pulse VS Short circuit MIG break test. #20  
yomax4 Where are you able to find them used?