pump/motor/reservoir size help for two 36" stroke cylinders-first timer

/ pump/motor/reservoir size help for two 36" stroke cylinders-first timer #11  
Cylinder volumes:
Base end volume: 5" bore 36" stroke = 707 cubic inch / 231 =3.06 gallon
Rod volume: 2" rod 36" stroke = 113 cubic inch
Rod end volume : = 707 - 113 = 594 cubic inch / 231 = 2.57 gallon

3.06 - 2.57 = .49 gallon required from the reservoir per cylinder So a 2 gallon reservoir should be adequate once the system is filled per Leejohn's instructions.

/ pump/motor/reservoir size help for two 36" stroke cylinders-first timer
Thanks oldnslo! Glad I found a forum with this many knowledgeable people. All the help is much appreciated!
Cylinder volumes:
Base end volume: 5" bore 36" stroke = 707 cubic inch / 231 =3.06 gallon
Rod volume: 2" rod 36" stroke = 113 cubic inch
Rod end volume : = 707 - 113 = 594 cubic inch / 231 = 2.57 gallon

3.06 - 2.57 = .49 gallon required from the reservoir per cylinder So a 2 gallon reservoir should be adequate once the system is filled per Leejohn's instructions.

/ pump/motor/reservoir size help for two 36" stroke cylinders-first timer #14  
Useful info thanks leejohn. Another question, how do I split the power up/down lines to go to each cylinder? (2 up lines and 2I down lines, one for each cylinder) just a coupler the splits off?

I think I know what you mean, when pumping the cyls in, run until both cyls are all the way in and when you pump the other way. I know oil well come out one hose before the other, you can hook up the hose that the oil comes out 1st. After you hook it up just keep pumping until it comes out the other, then hook up. The cyl that you hooked up well not move until the other one is hook up and starts to build pressure.

/ pump/motor/reservoir size help for two 36" stroke cylinders-first timer #15  
Useful info thanks leejohn. Another question, how do I split the power up/down lines to go to each cylinder? (2 up lines and 2I down lines, one for each cylinder) just a coupler the splits off?

One hose from one pump port to a tee and two lines from the tee to each cyl.

Same thing for the other port.

You will need the larger tank.

If you use the smaller tank, the pump will be sucking air before the cyl are fully extended.