Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #11  
Re: Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions

i am partial to hst. love the ability to just creep along with rpms as they are, find it to be the best choice for my needs .

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #12  

Hi rufus, I have a L3130 DT with a LA723 loader. I can give you some insight from the gear tractor (TRUCK) side of the fence. I use mine for brush hogging (5 foot hog, that's all you will want on steep hills with the 3130) skidding logs, pulling loads of wood and clearing land in WV. The 3130 is not burn up with power in high range, you will find it is quite able in low range. It is nimble in the woods and the loader is more than I expected. I like the foot throttle on the tractor, it gives you the ability to vary engine rpms while using the loader. One other note, you may want to consider the skid steer quick attach for the bucket, it is nice to drop that bucket and lose some weight from the tractor. Also, a heavy duty bucket is well worth the $$$$. Good luck. Have to get back to driving my "TRUCK", since I don't have a caddy.

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #13  

I just bought an L3650 GST w/1300 hours. $10,800.00, included new Bush Hog 2246QT loader, 6' back blade, 6% Michigan tax, loaded tires with rim guard and delivery.

Steve

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #14  
Re: Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny question

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm in Chester and had looked at Kubotas only at Pinnacle View about thirty minutes away just across the river in Walpole NH. Chester is South Central East, Springfield/ Ludlow area. )</font>

Pinnacle View is where I bout my 3130. I was happy with them and other people I know that have bought things there have also had good luck with them.

Stephen

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #15  

I was just in Bellows falls and Springfield today doing service calls. I have talked a few times with Pinnacle View they have come down alittle on their prices but are still pretty high.

If you are leaning towards the Kubota I would talk to Gary Morse at Essex Equipment (800-424-7300) he gave me the best prices in New England let alone VT. If you want to buy from Pinnacle you can at least keep him Honest!

If you can't get him to budge try Town Line Equipment in Plainfield they have a better attitude (in my opinion) than Pinnacle View. I have others if you are considering other brands. just let me know.

By the way I sell Masseys and Kioti's if you are interested.
Steve...

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #16  

stvman...

Where is this dealer located ?
"Gary Morse at Essex Equipment (800-424-7300)"

I'm pricing out an L3130 now...

Thanks...

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #17  

Essex Junction VT, just outside of Burlington.

By the way have you checked these guys out ? They gave me a price over the phone of 19,000 for a 3130Hydro/723 loader r4's

http://www.woodburytractor.com/ut.html

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions #18  

I'm very happy with my 3130 DT. Power is not an issue; just select whatever gear is appropriate and "git 'er done". I, too, was concerned with the extra money for the GST/HST. In my opinion, the GST offered no advantage for my application. Mainly I'm clearing 7-12 year old first growth Georgia swamp jungle. I run out of traction before I run out of power.

Concerns: I bought the LA513 and have bogged it down numerous times. Get the bigger loader. Saying this, to test the power on my 513 I slid it up under the rear bumper of my F150 and lifted the back of the truck off the ground. Still, roots are tenacious. I wish I'd gone bigger. Second, while I haven't had any problems and don't mind clutching, I'm concerned I will wear my clutch prematurely. Hasn't happened; it just appeals in the Granny in me to worry. You've still got to clutch a GST; I see no use for it. The HST? It makes me wonder.....

/ Purchase a Kubota 3130? Have Tranny questions

Thanks fellas for all the input. I have my work cut out for me with all of these calls and stops to make to various dealers in the area. I really liked that 3130 ( wouldn't you believe it was the last HST he said he had w/ the 723 FEL) but before I do anything rash, I guess I really owe it to myself to at least check out some of the other tractor dealerships in the area, both Kubota and other makes. I'll let you all know what I find. I'm getting anxious knowing the snow's not far away.

I also forgot to mention that the Pinnacle View quote incl the 72" heavy duty bucket and an additional $390 for the quick coupling attachment