Buying Advice Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice
Just an update, one of the problems that we asked the dealer to fix. The tractor having no power has came back. They said it would be over a week until they could even look at the tractor. We took the tractor into our shop and will have our guys fix it. This is not making me happy about this tractor even more. All three dealers locally are over a week to just get the tractor into the shop.

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #22  
I own a 7010 Mahindra and the dealer I purchased it from has one or two units on the lot that have been returned. I was told that they would now have to charge me over $500 just to pick up and return the tractor so, I went to a newer but closer dealer. BIG MISTAKE!
I have had multiple problems with the Mahindra tractor. The most recent is a broken drive shaft. The Mahindra rep. told me today that the 4-wheel drive in Mahindra tractors is not really 4-wheel drive but is "4-wheel assist" and is NOT DESIGNED to handle the load when the bucket is loaded. This comment was after refusing warranty repair and stating that the broken shaft was from abuse.
He was more upset over how I got his phone number than any other issue and it was clear he did not want to help. Last, he "suggested" to the dealer that I pay in cash before I got my tractor back which is what occured.
I have read some posts where people talk about all brands having problems but the support from Mahindra has been wanting from the start. It has been a battle every step of the way.

Captd,

Sounds like the same story here. Who is that rep? Also why not post his phone number here so that we can all call him when we have problems?

Thanks,

TD

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #24  
Captd,

Sounds like the same story here. Who is that rep? Also why not post his phone number here so that we can all call him when we have problems?

Thanks,

TD

And while you are at it you can fill in your profile information and let us know more about what you are using your tractor for.

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #25  
I own a 7010 Mahindra and the dealer I purchased it from has one or two units on the lot that have been returned. I was told that they would now have to charge me over $500 just to pick up and return the tractor so, I went to a newer but closer dealer. BIG MISTAKE!
I have had multiple problems with the Mahindra tractor. The most recent is a broken drive shaft. The Mahindra rep. told me today that the 4-wheel drive in Mahindra tractors is not really 4-wheel drive but is "4-wheel assist" and is NOT DESIGNED to handle the load when the bucket is loaded. This comment was after refusing warranty repair and stating that the broken shaft was from abuse.
He was more upset over how I got his phone number than any other issue and it was clear he did not want to help. Last, he "suggested" to the dealer that I pay in cash before I got my tractor back which is what occured.
I have read some posts where people talk about all brands having problems but the support from Mahindra has been wanting from the start. It has been a battle every step of the way.
My experience so far [~500hrs] with the 7520 is that this certainly is not a product line wide situation. I can come very close to getting enuf front wheel traction to stall the tractor in 1st gear. This is with 4x90%+ loaded AGs, 1000# counterweight while lifting 4000# with the bucket and pushing with the FEL valve centered. - This effectively causes more than 4K# load in the bucket if your trying to push something too heavy for the hydraulics to lift. - The rears dance. Im satisfied with the ruggedness of the front wheel drive setup. It should be designed to handle full engine power on an intermittent basis...and its doing fine. If the 7010 is not built like this you have a case. I can give you the number of a good Mahindra tech rep.:)
larry
larry

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #26  
And while you are at it you can fill in your profile information and let us know more about what you are using your tractor for.
Kind of interesting that the two that seem to be having the biggest problems and are bad mouthing the Mahindra tractors haven't completed their information.

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #27  
Captd,

Thanks,

TD

Not a good idea and a good way to get this thread closed. :cool:

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #28  
I feel bad for you guys that have all these problems.:( You clearly have had more than your share of them, tractor, dealer and manufacturer.:confused: But with both of the models that you have, there are many happy owners out there that have had none or few problems to speak of. You can and most likely will complain until the cows come home, but that won't change much of anything.

For whatever reason you guys are having big problems, maybe you should look at what you can do to put an end to this. Maybe once your tractor is repaired, you should sell it and get on with your life. Since they are continually broken, they don't help you out with your work, so what good are they? Get what you can for them and move on. Unfortunately you will be on the losing end money wise,:mad: but hey, your headaches will be gone, that would be worth something in itself.:D Victims usually come out on the short end of these deals, if you guys want to see yourselves that way, deal with it and move on for goodness' sake.

MtnViewRanch.

Thanks for your back handed comment, no worries here. We are not victims, it has been a headache. I hate to see other people have headaches, therefore I will warn everyone that I can.

At least I am proud enough not to have to paint my tractor blue to appease family members or neighbors to look like I purchased another brand ;)

If we can sell it an end up not hurt to bad you can bet your last dollar we will. I have already looked at two other brands trying to trade it off. The Mahindra was a "throw away" tractor when we bought it expecting it to live at least through its warranty and we would try to live with it for five years and then throw it away and get another one. We knew this when we looked at resale value, didn't think that the resale value was so low due to serious problems, but we know now. They won't even make it through the warranty period.

-TD

/ Purchasing Mahindra.... Over year owner.... Advice #30  
MtnViewRanch.

Thanks for your back handed comment, no worries here. We are not victims, it has been a headache. I hate to see other people have headaches, therefore I will warn everyone that I can.

At least I am proud enough not to have to paint my tractor blue to appease family members or neighbors to look like I purchased another brand ;)

If we can sell it an end up not hurt to bad you can bet your last dollar we will. I have already looked at two other brands trying to trade it off. The Mahindra was a "throw away" tractor when we bought it expecting it to live at least through its warranty and we would try to live with it for five years and then throw it away and get another one. We knew this when we looked at resale value, didn't think that the resale value was so low due to serious problems, but we know now. They won't even make it through the warranty period.

-TD

TheDingy, as I said there are many of your model out there with few or no problems, and those owners are happy as can be. I can understand your unhappiness, but the way that you present yourself it is as if all Mahindras and their dealers are like what you have had to deal with, and that simply is not true.

As far as me painting my 7520, I like blue, what can I say, my house, 3 trucks, 1 car, they are all blue. On the other hand, I don't really care all that much for red, I really liked the tractor, but did not care for the color, so I had it painted. Not really all that different from companies painting their equipment their company colors. I have never tried to or implied to anybody that I had a New Holland. I am proud of my Mahindra, I even had shirts made with the 7520 logo. Oh, blue shirts by the way.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.