Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat?

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #11  
The fact u want a cab. I would suggest a slightly bigger tractor that has a cab built in already. That way u can get AC. I have a 1705 Massey I bought new in 2016 and I can't imagine installing a cab on it for the winter. I just dress for the occasion. Although luckily for me we purchased 8 acres of woods so the wind is a non factor for me. However my mom and dads place is not. On several occasions I wore my snowmobile helmet on the tractor when blowing snow. It probably looked stupid but I was comfortable

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #13  
I've done the same with my snowmobile suit, boots, and helmet on occasion.
I put a 12 volt power port on my open station Kubota so I could plug in my heated visor on my snow mobile helmet. Visor stays dry, perfect vision while blowing.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #14  
I own a ct4058, their biggest open cab. I would stay away from Bobcat unless you completely trust your local dealer and their mechanics. I don't think Bobcat is here to stay in the tractor game. I haven't had any issues with mine in 170hrs but my dealer seems clueless about these tractors and they seem to be an afterthought. I wouldn't buy another one.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #15  
The Massey 1835m cab is a beautiful setup. I was playing in one last week.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #16  
I own a Massey 1710 subcompact and Massey 1758 cab tractor. Both have been excellent machines, work hard and are reliable.

I do agree a soft cab seems like a lesser solution if you are involved in freezing weather and blowing snow. Not really the climate I spend a lot of time in.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #17  
In my opinion Massey is clearly better choice vs Bobcat. If you have TYM dealer near, check them out, TYM cab prices are very, very competitive.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #18  
I have an open station Kioti CK30HST and I can use it in the woods (getting firewood) without fear of tearing the cab off. I too have a long driveway and finally got tired of blowing snow in reverse so I bought an Inverted blower. Now it wouldn’t snow and I might see if I can get a refund 😬
IMG_9789.jpeg
62214450811__74D3F597-2D51-411F-8AD7-39E02B992611.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat? #19  
I have an open station Kioti CK30HST and I can use it in the woods without fear of tearing the cab off. I too have a long driveway and finally got tired of blowing snow in reverse so I bought an Inverted blower. Now it wouldn’t snow and I might see if I can get a refund
View attachment 842105

Nice setup. Someday I'll get an inverted blower of some type... I like the ones that you can backup to a building and get the driveway in one motion.

/ Purchasing my first sub-compact. Massey Ferguson or Bobcat?
Thanks to everyone who replied. I certainly can't argue with anyone who said I should go bigger but that just isn't in the budget at this time.

So I pulled the trigger and am now the owner of a Massey Ferguson GC 1723e with front mounted snow blower/Sbx1270. I'm very confident this little thing is going to do the job I need it too. Much better than the 26" walk behind Toro I've been using.

I've also ordered a soft cab from covermytractor.com The Curtis cab I was looking at was quite a bit more, and I'll use the money I save from that to buy some more implements, like a back blade that I think will come in handy with the snow too.

I take delivery this Tues and it looks like it might be just in time as the forecast for next week finally has some snow in it for Northern MI. The cab won't be in yet so I'll be doing the snowsuit with face mask and goggles thing at first.

I can now update my user profile with the tractor I own. I'll be hanging around this forum now. What a great resource.