Pushing down fence posts with a FEL & Sewage Lagoon Questions

/ Pushing down fence posts with a FEL & Sewage Lagoon Questions #11  
I agree with Dusty RE using the loader to push in posts. I have tried to push 4 to 6" round wooden fence posts in with the loader and not had much luck. Even with very soft ground like I have (in spring when the ground is wet a frisky horse can leave 6 to 10" deep hoofprints behind) it was an issue to keep the post from wobbling and make it go in straight. They ended up with wide mouths that I had to pack dirt back into anyway. Maybe if I had practiced more or rigged up a holder on the loader to keep it straight. Anyway I found it easier to just use my PHD auger for the big corner posts and for the straight-line posts a handheld manual PHD to go down a foot and a half and then pound the rest of the way in with a sledge. It really doesn't take that long once you get going.

/ Pushing down fence posts with a FEL & Sewage Lagoon Questions
I agree with Dusty RE using the loader to push in posts. I have tried to push 4 to 6" round wooden fence posts in with the loader and not had much luck. Even with very soft ground like I have (in spring when the ground is wet a frisky horse can leave 6 to 10" deep hoofprints behind) it was an issue to keep the post from wobbling and make it go in straight. They ended up with wide mouths that I had to pack dirt back into anyway. Maybe if I had practiced more or rigged up a holder on the loader to keep it straight. Anyway I found it easier to just use my PHD auger for the big corner posts and for the straight-line posts a handheld manual PHD to go down a foot and a half and then pound the rest of the way in with a sledge. It really doesn't take that long once you get going.
Thanks for the reply. I did end up using a standard Pipe Type post driver for the posts. It's a lot of fill around the pond, and they went in pretty easily. It was a hair brained idea, that I just sort of threw out there to see if it had been tried. I did not even attempt it. If I would have gotten some positive feedback though, I was going to try it. Ha