Front-End Loader Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft

/ Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #11  
Yes, I have a factory power steering unit. However, Agriline has one that is fairly inexpensive. My PS pump is mounted on the engine above the generator but the aftermarket ones mount the PS pump on the rail next to the generator which may cause a clearance problem. However, you will still want to use a ballast box or a heavy implement as a counter weight. I use my flail mower - 930 lbs - which makes steering almost as easy as a car.

Yes the major is not a good Loader with it's manual transmission but the FEL lets you do a lot of HIGH lifting that the skid steer doesn't.

As an aside, you will not be able to find replacement "trunnion" hyd cyls for the bucket but I just had mine overhauled and it wasn't too bad - about $200 for both.

/ Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #12  
Well, here is an update if anybody is following. I went and looked at the loader, and it is in remarkable shape with the exception of the bucket which somebody has hacked the sides off of so its only about three feet wide. It is a model 218, and only has one hydraulic cylinder on the bucket. The pump is with it, but he doesnt think he has any other hardware. I took some measuerments, and it seems as if it MAY fit the major. It looks more like it fits the Jubilee or NAA better. It would take a little bit of modification to fit the New major, but looks like it might work. Price is $600.00. needs some work, but not alot. If anybody has any specific information about this model, or ideas where to find replacement drive parts I would appreciate the help. Whirly, which model is yours? is that your tractor in the pictures you posted? That model looks like it fits the major quite a bit better.

Attachments

• superior1.jpg
    superior1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 265
  • superior2.jpg
    superior2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 252
   / Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #13  
This is a "Utility" Loader. Check the attached list of applicable tractors. You will see that the correct loader for the Major line is the Heavy Duty Loader. You may have a lot of difficulty adapting it as it is most likely too narrow.

Page 4 - list of applicable tractors.jpg Page 5 - Utility and Heavy Duty loaders.jpg

/ Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #14  
I have 2 pumps on my tractor.
The 'extra' is driven from the crankshaft and uses a small universal joint for alignment and a short splined shaft.
This rig I homemade about 10-12 years ago and it has been absolutely trouble free. I did this as the tractor factory pump was simply frustratingly slow. It did call for a separate reservoir however the FEL had a hollow post c/w welded fittings for the plumbing for that purpose.
I sped up the FEL operation by approx 2X.

/ Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #15  
I want to seperate 3 pt and power steering hydraulics from front end loader and mount hydraulic pump to front crank of tractor. I have already purchased 10 gal. tank need to know how to go about getting a pump to mount to front crank.

You need to be careful when attaching a hydraulic pump to the front end of the crankshaft. The first owner of my Massey Ferguson 135 diesel ran an FEL with a front mounted hyd pump and managed to crack the crankshaft right where it comes through the front main bearing.

Good luck.

/ Put front mount hydaulic pump run off crankshaft #16  
Darn it! Thanks for the info Whirly, exactly what I needed to know to make an informed decison. Now the hunt is on for the heavier, and most likely less popular model.