Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #11  
nmu98 said:
I have been thinking of the larger bucket... I don't know if there is much cost difference.... I have the tooth bar and scraper blade for the 61. I have very heavy clay soil here. The tooth bar is needed.

Any idea on the cost to upgrade to the 73?

seems to me it was less than $100 between the 61"HD and the 73" HD but boy is it big and heavy.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #12  
nmu98 said:
Just for an FYI. My dealer is charging me 40 dollars to upgrade to the 73 inch Heavy Duty Bucket with the holes. Thats a deal.

Yes that sounds pretty similar to what i got to.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today
Nuru said:
Plus it fits easier in tight places! Oh and I gotta buy a new lower window, taking the loader off in the wooden garage and it moved a bit and the left loader arm hit the window ever so slightly but it shattered. I goofed, buit it will only cost me <$100, and it won't happen again. There will be precautions, put in place so if it happens again, something else will take the slight hit.

But boy was it fun to cut the lawn today, it was over 90 degrees out here but it was very cool in the cab. All i need is SAT Radio installed and that will do the trick for me

Please share your ideas on how not to break the glass to a cab newbie.

The big and heavy might be nice for me. The 61 is pretty light. I slide it around with ease when its off the tractor.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #14  
Well after a little research, I find my unit was telling to watch out and I did not bite. The lever that secures the latches on the left side, was sticking and I finally just decided to go ahead and assist it past the part of the loader that was binding it. huge hint here - the loader is not level if this happens! It was only slight but it was enough to matter in a cab tractor with glass so close. The JD rubber Loader bumper did not cut it as the arm jumped knocked it off and slightly punched the LH lower glass and boom it was shattered. So i would advise that some shock absorbing material like rubber be used between the loader arm ends and the Lower window glass on both sides. I am gonna use Horse mat and just place the sheets in the path while i am working on installing and detaching the loader. That should do it.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #15  

Attachments

• DSCN2488.JPG
    DSCN2488.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN2489.JPG
    DSCN2489.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2490.JPG
    DSCN2490.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN2493.JPG
    DSCN2493.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 110
   / Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #16  
When the salesman did the little "delivery tour & how to" I saw how close it came and made my mind that I would try to avoid removal if at all possible...My dad purchased an L2900 in 1996/1997 and the loader has seriously never been removed...EVER..I Plan on trying for the same record.
LUCKILY Deere put the glass in multiple pieces up front...betcha most dealers pratically stock that glass...:rolleyes:

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today
Thanks for the picks nuru....

I was hoping for the same thing Dave... BUT I am going to get the 59" snowblower so I will have to remove it each season.

Thanks to Nurus advice, I guess i will take it slow and stop when the slightest thing does not feel right. I have run into the same thing on my open station as Nuru, and did the same as he. Hopefully I can save the 100 dollars by being extra carefull.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #18  
Spudland_Dave said:
When the salesman did the little "delivery tour & how to" I saw how close it came and made my mind that I would try to avoid removal if at all possible...My dad purchased an L2900 in 1996/1997 and the loader has seriously never been removed...EVER..I Plan on trying for the same record.
LUCKILY Deere put the glass in multiple pieces up front...betcha most dealers pratically stock that glass...:rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I had to get it ordered and it should be in today. i got the sealant yesterday. So if I have time this weekend I will put in the new window and get the horsemat prepared. I am also gonna install two loade bumpers on each side to increase the coverage! That plus the inserting of the horse mat should do the trick. The unit seems so much more nimble without the loader on and that 73" HD buck! LOL!

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #19  
nmu98 said:
Thanks for the picks nuru....

I was hoping for the same thing Dave... BUT I am going to get the 59" snowblower so I will have to remove it each season.

Thanks to Nurus advice, I guess i will take it slow and stop when the slightest thing does not feel right. I have run into the same thing on my open station as Nuru, and did the same as he. Hopefully I can save the 100 dollars by being extra carefull.

yep. me too, but with the loader on and no rear ballast, the unit feels more tippy, so when mowing it is not gonna happen for me. But without the loader on with those Turf specials, the unit is very good and is agile from a tractor perspective.

nmu98; I would advise getting the horse matt and cut it so that you can just place it between the loader arms and the windows, I would imagine that should help prevent the bump jump from causing you to spend ~140 bucks like I did. Even that rubber used for workout centers might be good enough - just something that will prevent a surgical strike like i had from nailing your LH and RH lower windows. Surgical strike as in it hit above the loader bumber on one side and that is all it took!:eek:

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #20  
nmu98 said:

When I priced out the 59" I about fell out of my seat...for 1/2 that cost a person can get a top of the line Pronovost or BerVac rear mount 74"....actually gonna pull the trigger on the blower in the next week or so.