Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #1  

mauistardog

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK30HST
I am about to buy a CK30 HST with a loader and KB2375. I wanted to have the dealer put a manual thumb on it because I need to pick and place rocks with it. Has anyone else done this? also what is the difference between the KB2376 and KB2376 ?

I tried post this question earlier, but not sure where in went.

thanks for any help.
aloha
joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #2  
Have not put a thumb on mine....yet. The KB2376 does not have a so called sub frame, what it has is a quick connect system. with one pull of a lever, you can lift the unit ,with help of the outriggers & boom, and it comes right off the tractor.the frame for the hoe is attached to the right and left axle, the rear of tractor, and also down both sides of to the front loader. This gives you much more ground clearance and departure angle, also moves the operators seat closer to the center of tractor. The hoe itself only has around 4" clearance between the rear of tractor and the hoe unit, far less cantilevered out the back.

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #3  
That sounds like my new Woods hoe I just posted about. Is it a new Kioti hoe? The one that was available when I purchased my CK30 had the big mounting brackets underneath.

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #4  
I'm considering a thumb for my hoe also. Have you researched it to the point of having a ballpark figure for the parts and installation? Would the whole thing be less than a thousand dollars? Keep posting on this topic so I can learn from your research! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #5  
What is a thumb for a back hoe?

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #6  
<font color="blue">What is a thumb for a back hoe?</font>

This thread should help you out.....

backhoe thumb

Don

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( also what is the difference between the KB2376 and KB2376 ? )</font>
Well, maybe you mean the difference between the KB2365 and KB2376? About a foot in reach.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The KB2376 does not have a so called sub frame, what it has is a quick connect system. with one pull of a lever, you can lift the unit ,with help of the outriggers & boom, and it comes right off the tractor.the frame for the hoe is attached to the right and left axle, the rear of tractor, and also down both sides of to the front loader. )</font>
According to Kioti's spec site on the KB2376, it is a subframe model. What you describe is the backhoe that is made for the LK3054XS TLB unit, the sister to the LK3054XS (which is a less dedicated TLB). It is the only tractor that backhoe is now made for, has a subframe with a four point mount at the backhoe connection, but has a subframe. It's just that the subframe stays on the tractor, and as you said, doesn't interfere as much with clearance. This backhoe also has the control deck that can be tilted to or away from the operator for easier control of the levers, is easier to load on a trailer, and as you said, come off with one lever and lifting with the stabilizers and boom. It's a nice unit and I hope Kioti will go this way for all their backhoes.
John

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst
Hi John,
No if you got to kioti.com they have a KB2375 and a KB2376.
not sure if this is just an up grade or what. I can't see any difference. they both are listed as being able to go on a CK30.

I checked out the other link to the previouse posts about the thumb. does anyone have a picture or link to a supplier? I am trying to keep is simple and go with a manual one that I just set and not a hydrolic one. I don't want to much clutter on the machine since it's not that big. Plus, I have never operated a tractor before so this will be my first /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thanks again

Joe

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst #9  
Okay, let me try this one more time. Your post originally asked this question: </font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has anyone else done this? also what is the difference between the KB2376 and KB2376 ?
)</font>
Notice that you asked the difference between the same model number. Want to tell me which one you REALLY meant so I can tell you the difference? Thanks, John

/ Putting a thumb on a KB2375 for a CK30 hst
Thanks, john,
yes you are correct. i missed typed, sorry about that.

I do have at least two questions. Has anyone added a thumb to their backhoe ? if so does anyone have picture or advise on it ?

also the kioti web site lists two backhoes one is KB2375 and the other is KB2376. Does anyone know the difference in the two?

again. sorry for the confusion. any advise is greatly appreciated.

aloha
joe