Putting in a TurboCharged engine

/ Putting in a TurboCharged engine #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So, and this is only hypothetical... I was at the deutz place the other day and they had a remanufactured 4Cyl 1011F (may have been a 2011) 4 Cylinder. The guy jokingly said it had been sitting on a shelf a long time and wanted it gone.

With a Hydraulic tractor, what sort of advantage would I really see? My pumps release way before my engine starts to die. Would I need to get larger pumps?

Just intrigued. I know my neighbor has a dozer, it was a normally aspirated but when the engine blew he put in a Diesel. But I think that is a manual / direct drive and not hydraulic.

/ Putting in a TurboCharged engine #2  
If your machine doesn't bog down at WOT, then you won't see much difference. If you can bog your machine down, then yes. You might see some fuel efficiency gains, but don't bet on it.

New engine, vs. $40 fuel pump. Hmmm...

All the best,

Peter

/ Putting in a TurboCharged engine
No, wife would outright kill me (not divorce me, which would be the goal). No Turbo engine. Just wondering what happens with a Hydraulic system set for a 65HP normally aspirated to a 90HP Turbo. Figured as you noted I would just end up in bypass that much quicker. I assume getting newer/bigger pumps would get me a better result on the increased HP but no, I don't need it at all