QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #61  
What size cotter pin and spring did you use?

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification
What size cotter pin and spring did you use?

I didn't pay any attention. Just bought a couple springs that I thought would slip over the end of the pin. Actually could have gotten a size smaller. The cotter pin was probably 1/16" diameter or something like that. If you feel it would be hard to figure out while at the store, pull the large pin and take it all with you. Before removing, mark the small pin just above your frame bracket with a sharpie so you then know how long of spring to get. Having it with you will answer the spring diameter/length question as well as the washer size and logical cotter pin size.

I sent an email to Kubota Corp concerning this modification. Finally got a reply See below.......... :thumbdown:

Customer Satisfaction Jan 14 at 11:59 AMToovrszd60@yahoo.com, Dear Sir,
Thank you for this information. Although this is certainly a clever way to secure this pin. It is not an authorized Kubota modification, and we do not condone or support the installation of it on our products. We do appreciate you as a Kubota customer and your thoughts regarding our products!

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, distribution or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #64  
I sent an email to Kubota Corp concerning this modification. Finally got a reply See below.......... :thumbdown:

Customer Satisfaction Jan 14 at 11:59 AMToovrszd60@yahoo.com, Dear Sir,
Thank you for this information. Although this is certainly a clever way to secure this pin. It is not an authorized Kubota modification, and we do not condone or support the installation of it on our products. We do appreciate you as a Kubota customer and your thoughts regarding our products!

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, distribution or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
Because you drilled that pesky little hole in the pin... oh the humanity! CYA response of course. They are in a bit of a catch 22. If they institute an 'improvement' they will be implying that the current design is faulty.

Because you drilled that pesky little hole in the pin... oh the humanity! CYA response of course. They are in a bit of a catch 22. If they institute an 'improvement' they will be implying that the current design is faulty.

True that!!

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #66  
Unfortunate but not surprising. I doubt any of the many modifications made by many on here to any make would be "authorized, supported or condoned."

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #67  
Unfortunate but not surprising. I doubt any of the many modifications made by many on here to any make would be "authorized, supported or condoned."
Exactly... and why would they? No benefit to the manufacturer... only potential liability.

Exactly... and why would they? No benefit to the manufacturer... only potential liability.

Yep, as you said CYA. No surprise there.

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #69  
ovrszd, I can not see the pictures. Could you or someone tell me what I need to do to be able to see them. Thanks Bill

/ QA Loader Frame Latch Pin Safey Modification #70  
ovrszd, I can not see the pictures. Could you or someone tell me what I need to do to be able to see them. Thanks Bill

x2. id like to see the pics.