QD's on Kubota Loader

/ QD's on Kubota Loader #1  

Spaceman

Tractor
Kubota B2100
I have a kubota 2100hsd with a la301 loader. The manual says the 4 hoses at the loader valve are qd's, but I can't figure out how they come loose. They have protective caps attached to both sides but I can't get them to budge. Is there a trick to this? Could someone enlighten me on how they work?
Thanks Everyone

/ QD's on Kubota Loader #2  
There should be a collar that needs to be pulled back, probably on the tractor side of the coupler-the ring or collar is usually knurled.

Also, turn the tractor off-lower the loader and move the joystick in all 4 directions to relieve the pressure on the couplers.

/ QD's on Kubota Loader
I did relieve all the pressure before attempting to disconnect them. Also used some vice grips in an attempt to push them in either direction and they don't even wiggle. Don't understand it. They don't look anything like a regular qd, but the loader manual says they are. There's no knurling. Looks almost like a compression fitting when I take the hose side off.

/ QD's on Kubota Loader #4  
Can you post a picture?

There are also QD's that release by giving the hoses a good hard yank, But they are most often used on the rear in case a implement becomes unhooked.

/ QD's on Kubota Loader #5  
I did relieve all the pressure before attempting to disconnect them. Also used some vice grips in an attempt to push them in either direction and they don't even wiggle. Don't understand it. They don't look anything like a regular qd, but the loader manual says they are. There's no knurling. Looks almost like a compression fitting when I take the hose side off.

What am I missing here? You say you can't disconnect them, then you say "when I take the hose side off." What are you taking off?

Sorry if I am being dense, maybe everyone else understands, but I am confused.:confused:
jp

/ QD's on Kubota Loader
Sorry ArTrvlr. You're right, I wasn't too clear. I disassembled the hose side from the connector with a wrench.
They don't look like regular qd's with a knurled collar. There are three glands to put a wrench on. I would never have thought they were a qd if the Kubota manual didn't say so.
I did try a good yank with a pair of vice grips to no avail. I'll try to get a good close up picture and post it here.

/ QD's on Kubota Loader #7  
Last edited:
   / QD's on Kubota Loader
Ok, I got home and got the best close up I could get. As you can see, there are three glands to put a wrench on. I can detach the hose from it's connecting fitting but the plastic protector doesn't fit on it. Plus, oil leaks out. That shouldn't happen with a qd. Somehow, that middle connector must seperate from the one connected to the control valve. :confused:I would really like to be able to detach the loader when I'm mowing with the 3pt this spring.

Attachments

• PICT0097.JPG
    PICT0097.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 382
   / QD's on Kubota Loader #9  
Ok, I got home and got the best close up I could get. As you can see, there are three glands to put a wrench on. I can detach the hose from it's connecting fitting but the plastic protector doesn't fit on it. Plus, oil leaks out. That shouldn't happen with a qd. Somehow, that middle connector must seperate from the one connected to the control valve. :confused:I would really like to be able to detach the loader when I'm mowing with the 3pt this spring.

They don't look like the normal QD's. Perhaps they release by rotating the barrel or maybe you have to put a wrench on it and give it a quarter turn.

Try this. Pull on the hose like it was a pull away coupler, and see if that works. To connect, just push the hose and fitting into the matching fitting. It may just work like a break away coupler.

Last edited:
   / QD's on Kubota Loader #10  

Have you tried turning the center hex? Does it screw out of the hex that is next to the valve? Or does it just turn free?
jp