Quality ranking of compact tractor brands

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands
Have you ruled out LS? I have a Farmtrac 360 DTC that was built by them that's 18 year's old and has never been back to the shop, and I believe they offer a lot of things standard that many consider add on's $
I dont have any LS dealers near me so I dont really know much about them. I do have a case dealer near me and I believe those compact tractors are LS but they are more expensive than the non rebranded LS.

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #12  
1708477117299.jpeg

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #13  
I dont have any LS dealers near me so I dont really know much about them. I do have a case dealer near me and I believe those compact tractors are LS but they are more expensive than the non rebranded LS.
I understand totally, a good dealer or strong dealer network is highly desirable especially if you have problems and when you need parts, good luck in your search.

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #14  
TYM won for me because of the fact it has no error codes or limp modes. Just mechanical injection. Many issues I’ve seen are emissions or sensor related

TYM won for me because of the fact it has no error codes or limp modes. Just mechanical injection. Many issues I’ve seen are emissions or sensor related
Is that true for both the TYM models and the "branson" models? also, is it safe to say the tym and branson are of equal quality, and that the tym models have a few more options?

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #16  
Is that true for both the TYM models and the "branson" models? also, is it safe to say the tym and branson are of equal quality, and that the tym models have a few more options?
Yes, on engines and build quality for the most part. The Branson has some heavier castings, especially in the rear. Same weight, in a smaller package than the TYM.
I personally thought the fit and finish on the Branson was better, but I bought a pre TYM model… so I’m not sure if anything has changed besides some paint colors.
TYM comes with a couple, literally, more standard features. I drove both, he had a 494 on the lot, and I still ordered and waited for the 4820. Others are very happy with their TYMs though

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #17  
Yes, on engines and build quality for the most part. The Branson has some heavier castings, especially in the rear. Same weight, in a smaller package than the TYM.
I personally thought the fit and finish on the Branson was better, but I bought a pre TYM model… so I’m not sure if anything has changed besides some paint colors.
TYM comes with a couple, literally, more standard features. I drove both, he had a 494 on the lot, and I still ordered and waited for the 4820. Others are very happy with their TYMs though
Agree. Also the Branson come with some minor details that sure makes life easier, little things like a short piece of chain holding the pin on the stabilizer so it doesn't get lost. Stuff like that.

Also makes me wonder, we have yet to see a new TYM model post merger. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with between the two brands.

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #18  
If you are buying new consider the difference in total cost with 0% financing offered by some brands versus, say, 6% interest.
A tractor can be a purchase for a lifetime so I would expand your brands in your search, get seat time in each, and read posts from the brands sections of this forum.

/ Quality ranking of compact tractor brands #19  
Whatever tractor you find that makes you happy, be sure to buy the next size up in HP.
Almost everyone whishes they had more HP after a year of owning their machine...;)

Whatever tractor you find that makes you happy, be sure to buy the next size up in HP.
Almost everyone whishes they had more HP after a year of owning their machine...;)

Good point, that is one reason I included TYM on my list. Their 55 hp tractors are less expensive than other brands, 50 and 47 hp models.