quality tractor time today

/ quality tractor time today #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Take time to listen to the stories of our Parents and Grandparents generation )</font>

Yep, Burk, I agree. I haven't had time to play much golf in awhile, but the last time a friend and I went to play a round, there was an elderly gentleman (a pretty small man, both in height and weight) showed up to play alone and we invited him to join us, since we were waiting on the number 1 tee for the players ahead of us. It turned out that we were glad the players in front of us were slow, because that old gentleman flew P51s in WWII, and was a most interesting fellow. He didn't seem to mind all our questions and we certainly enjoyed his company, and the stories we elicited from him.

/ quality tractor time today #12  
<font color="red"> ( I wish I had a guy like that I could call and spend some time with. I enjoy that sort of thing. ) </font>
<font color="blue"> "Have you ever considered visiting a local nursing home? I'd just bet there's someone there who used tractors, and could really use a visit from someone who likes tractors." </font>

John,

That is an EXCELLENT idea on which I've followed up even before I wrote this reply. I called the rectory at my church (which is affiliiated with a nursing home just down the block) and spoke with them about my idea. The priest there is going to make some inquiries on my behalf both there and among some elderly parishioners as well in the course of his week. It sounds very encouraging to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ quality tractor time today
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hope someone does a nice thing for you sometime soon.
-Mike Z. )</font>

Actually happens all the time. Every time I post here.. or on another sub with a question.. and someone answers it.. that's a nice thing.

Kinda like a big merry-go-round. Everyone helping everyone.

I know we get a few 'heated' discussions every now and then. But I'm real glad to be here. Lots of info and great people here.

Soundguy

/ quality tractor time today #14  
I was thinking, this thread could go the other direction in age as well. For the guys that are more experienced in life, there is a lot to be said for sharing that with younger folks. I love having folks just stop by the house or over at the shop to shoot the bull for a bit. It's neat to see the fathers that have come for years bring their sons to partake as well. As a kid once myself, I was on top of the world when one of the guys worked to include me in a conversation, and that is something I try to do whenever I get the chance.

/ quality tractor time today #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The priest there is going to make some inquiries on my behalf both there and among some elderly parishioners as well in the course of his week. )</font>
Fantastic Gary. I'm sure there will be someone, if not at this place, another. It has always been sad to me to see how many elderly persons have no visitors in nursing homes. There is such a wealth of intersting stories that will not get repeated unless we all give them the opportunity to tell us. Even though I have worked around these people, I still enjoy making visits in addition. It's always good. John

/ quality tractor time today #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As a kid once myself, I was on top of the world when one of the guys worked to include me in a conversation, and that is something I try to do whenever I get the chance. )</font>

Good for you, Skitch. I agree wholeheartedly.