Question about first 50 hour maintenance

/ Question about first 50 hour maintenance #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
I need to order a small plastic part from bobcat, and it order to get the free shipping, I was going to order a 50 hour maintenance kit for my CT2035 HST.

The manual says to replace engine and HST filter and oil, front diff oil. But the 50 hour kit for my tractor shows a HST and Hydraulic filter: 50 Hour Maintenance Kit, 7405027
  1. Does the kit not include an engine oil filter? (just wondering if listing is wrong?)
  2. Does all 3 filters get changed? That would make sense as the hydraulics and HST are using same oil are they not?
  3. Do you guys usually buy the Bobcat brand?

/ Question about first 50 hour maintenance #2  
I dont recall the kit - i ordered online but they gave me the wrong HST filter so i ended up swapping at the dealer. should have just bought it from the dealer to begin with. Yes you need to change all 3 filters at 50 hours.

/ Question about first 50 hour maintenance #3  
Does the kit not include an engine oil filter? (just wondering if listing is wrong?)
- Mine (CT122) did include the oil filter, but you could always order an extra one to get the free shipping.

Does all 3 filters get changed?
- Yes, change all 3 plus the fuel and air filter.

That would make sense as the hydraulics and HST are using same oil are they not?
- I used the same for both

Do you guys usually buy the Bobcat brand?
- Yes, always from Bobcat Online

/ Question about first 50 hour maintenance
Thanks. I will be doing the oil.

I notice that at First 50 it says "replace front diff oil", and then every 400 hours it says "replace front axle oil". Both reference page 175 of the manual which only speaks of changing axel oil. Are they the same thing?

If anyone wants I made the following schedule which I think is easier to follow that how the manual is laid out. There is a PDF which is a maintenance chart. I am also including the spreadsheet I made in case you want to modify it; I had to zip it because site doesn't allo .xlsx files. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• Bobcat CT2000 series Maintenance Schedule.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Bobcat CT2000 series - Maintenance Schedule.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 54
The manual says replace 'Front Differential' oil at first 50 hours, and at 400 hours it says to replace the 'Front Axle Oil'. In both cases it refers to page 175. Page 175 simply refers to the Front Axle.

1. Is the same process (with regards to front axle and diff) at first 50 and every 400?
2. I don't it mentioned what type of oil goes in there? Is the oil used to be 80w-90 gear oil?
3. Manual says 6.0L each. So I will need 12L total? I know that it seems like a stupid question, but they have a single fill location, so it is weird that they don't just say 12L...
4. For engine oil, it mentions I can use 5W-40 synthetic. In the part numbers section of manual it lists bobcat part numbers for various oils, but not one for 5w-40 synthetic. Can I just ignore this and use Pennzoil 5w-40 synthetic?

Last edited: