Question: Bracket Below Power Beyond on 2520

/ Question: Bracket Below Power Beyond on 2520 #1  

Runner

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B
Does anyone know the "official" purpose of the bracket with the two holes in it directly below the power beyond fittings?

It looks like a place you might attach rear hydraulic outlets, but I don't think there are any rear hydraulics available from the factory for the 2520.

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 299
   / Question: Bracket Below Power Beyond on 2520 #2  
Nobody knows?

/ Question: Bracket Below Power Beyond on 2520 #3  
Don't know if this is the answer, but when picking up my backhoe bracket from a another 2520 owner we noticed that his power beyond "bracket" as different from mine which is verticle. His was installed horizontailly on this mounting point that runner is asking about.

This 2520 owner had installed a cab on his tractor and I think the verticle position would interfere with the cab, while the horizontal did not.

I did not ask him if he had moved the power beyong over ther or if it was installed by the dealer that way for his cab.

/ Question: Bracket Below Power Beyond on 2520 #4  
Hiya,

Runner is correct, sorta. Back in '06 the catalog listed a rear 3rd SCV option for the 2520 as "coming soon" When the series got the update in '08 (12v power outlet, minor engine updates and different 3pt arms) that option was removed from the catalog and replaced with the "mechanical diverter valve" mid outlet option offered for the MMM deck lift. If the bracket is still on the new ones, they must not feel it is worth the cost to update the die that punches out that part.

Tom