Question for B2920 owners.

/ Question for B2920 owners.
My two cents on that nnelg, I don't have the quick coupler, what are you thinking you need beyond the bucket pallet forks? I do a lot of heavy lifting with my FEL, 500-700lb range with a chain and would not want the weight further out in front. It got front tippy on me once lifting a stump and that's with my backhoe on for ballast.

Thanks for your input, that is the kind of information I'm looking for. I'm completely new to tractors and have been reading and talking to a lot of people about different tractors. A lot of info to keep straight. Your right, bucket forks would work just fine.

/ Question for B2920 owners. #13  
X2 on the quick attach. Unless you plan to switch buckets a lot then you're better off without the extra weight and better lift capacity. There are a few good youtube videos of the b2920 with a snowblower, it looks awesome!

/ Question for B2920 owners. #14  
I have the 2620 and love it.....Maybe the extra 3 hp would make a difference but I have no problems plowing and or blowing snow, digging stumps (40-50 so far), and moving many yards of loam around the yard. The ground clearance is great for moving around rough terrain as well as getting underneath the beast to service it! Money well spent!

/ Question for B2920 owners. #15  
My 2920 has handled all the items you mentioned and more very well. I run R4 tires and chain up in winter. Implements.....rear blower, finish mower, bush hog, box blade, middle buster. An excellent choice.

/ Question for B2920 owners. #16  
have the quick disconnect, bucket and forks, found that you can take off bucket and do mowing, 60" mmm, without taking off frame of loader, quicker than finding level place to remove loader. 400' drive OK with loader, but do have a 32" separate snow blower if needed. Quick disconnect add very little to length, maybe 2".
I have BAR turf tires, best traction in snow or on ice without chains.

/ Question for B2920 owners. #17  
tractorbynet is the MIT of tractor schools, keep posting questions and reading.

That’s very true "deathtoblackberries" (now thats quite a name BYW), for example, (talking snow removal, home made snow plow made in 2009 on front end on my B7800) I have received the answer I was looking for from a TBN post after weeks of trying to figure out why my installation would not work. The hydraulic cylinders would not work properly, they were locking-up, I was using 2 single acting cylinders to angle the blade. Nothing I tried would work. I was using the existing FEL Kubota supplied hydraulic valve, which I found out by reading a post was never going to work on single the acting cylinders I have installed due to a special hydraulic circuit used on during the dumping action of the bucket, called a bucket regenerative flow valve. We all learn from each other on TBN, a great website & very useful tool, not to mention like-minded people.
Here is a shot of what I used to clear snow for years and the B7800 is same as B2920, very strong and reliable.
Snow Plow Aug 15 2009 020.jpgSnow Plow Aug 15 2009 076.jpgSnow Plow Aug 15 2009 078.jpgDSC_0543.jpgP1005868.jpg
Dan

/ Question for B2920 owners. #18  
I have the quick attach on my b2626 TLB and I can lift the same weight as with out the quick attach. I have four attachment i use on the loader. Standard 50" bucket, pellet forks, 48" open bottom grapple,and snow plow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 520
   / Question for B2920 owners. #19  
Cal......I'd say that you have the ideal set up. I had a BX without a QA and it really was a pain to "pin on" the pallet forks. On my B2620 I just went with some clamp on forks. Your front hydraulics and QA make a world of differance...I'm envious but plan on getting along as is. Cheers, Mike

/ Question for B2920 owners. #20  
I would get the QA bucket if you plan to use pallet forks or any other lifting device on your tractor. Not only are they easier to change out, but lift capacity if much better with QA implement rather than bolting something on to the FEL bucket. Drop the bucket rather than pin on forks to the bucket lip which really springs the bucket bottom. You can lift more with QA attached pallet forks than you can by using them pinned on to the bucket (bucket weight has to be deducted from lift capacity plus they are 2 or more feet further out from the tractor when pinned on the FEL bucket.) My brother in law has round bale fork that pinned on to the FEL bucket. It was marginal for lifting a round bale even with a bush hog on the back since it stuck out so far in front of the tractor. We built a QA attachment and used a rear mount hay fork welded to the QA bracket. NOW it lifts round bales to full FEL height without feeling squirrelly.
You are not going to feel any difference in FEL lift capacity as most all FEL's will lift a rounded load of material in the bucket without any issues as long as you have correct amount of rear ballast