Question for GC owners..

/ Question for GC owners.. #1  

ChuckinNH

Elite Member, R.I.P.
Tractor
(B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm
I test drove a new GC2400 the other day. Because of some medical issues, I don't have quite as much mobility, or strength in my right leg, and the side by side hydro pedals appealed to me. They were, however quite stiff in operation. I'm wondering if that is normal, or if there is an adjustment on that resistance available.

/ Question for GC owners.. #2  
Sorry to hear about your health challenges. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I have a GC 2300, that version has the rocker pedal for the hydro. The pedal can require quite a bit of force, especially starting out in high range. Less so in low range. I think it has more to do with the pressure in the system, and not the linkage

/ Question for GC owners.. #3  
Chuck, don't forget about the hand assist that the "cruise control" lever can provide. Unless you are at full speed, the pedal feel is moderate, to hold full speed peddle use the hand throttle to assist.

/ Question for GC owners.. #4  
the pedals on mine eased up quite a bit with use.

/ Question for GC owners.. #5  
Mine are quite stiff also, I believe the reason is, is to assure that the pedals return to neutral and not creep. I also have used the hand operated cruise to assist, which helps. The cruise on mine will not stay in one spot when you set it. It creeps back towards neutral. I only have 25 hrs on mine, so it may ease up overtime, like was previously stated. I think it is just because it is new, and everything is tight. I hope this helps. All the best, to your health.

/ Question for GC owners.. #6  
I just did the 50 hour service on my gc2410 and my pedals have also eased up from when they were new. When new the cruise would not hold the tractor at full speed. They have eased up enough now so the the cruise holds full speed no problem.