Question on a chinese tractor

/ Question on a chinese tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

I live in RI and own a small engine epair shop and am thinking of importing tractors to sell and service here in RI. I have been talking to walter of China Depot and he has the ability to get me a TY294C-1 tractor and loader to import. The only problem is that I cannot find which manufacturer makes this tractor. It loks a lot like a Jinma but thespecs show that it is different. I want to be a knowlagable dealer and want to sell a quality tractor at a fair price. I have a reputation to protect and want to suceed in this venture. Does anyone know anything about these tractors? Any help or comments would be great.Thank you, Bryan.

/ Question on a chinese tractor #2  
Bryan,
According to Mike Stuart's web site ( MaverickTractor.com) it is a Weifang. Mike is the recognized guru of Chinese tractors and I believe his tractors are also made by Weifang. If you haven't already, go to CTOA and click on the message board, they have been having server troubles so be patient. Leave a message for Mike and your email address he can tell you what you need to know.

<font color="blue">walter of China Depot...has the ability to get me a TY294C-1 tractor and loader to import. The only problem is that I cannot find which manufacturer makes this tractor </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Barett doesn't know who makes the product he is trying to sell you? That should tell you something.

Just curious, with Jinma becoming very popular and with plentiful states side parts supply, why go with the TY294C-1

Attachments

• 285732-pic-ty3.jpg
    285732-pic-ty3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 819
   / Question on a chinese tractor
Walter does know what he is selling but I cannot remember what he saidand do not want to call him thislate. I also wanted some unbiased info on these tractors. Walter also hasthe fution tractors available. Any commentson those? Thanks, Bryan.

I have found some web sites about Weifang and have answered som of my questions. Any othe input on this would be great, Thanks, Bryan.

I studied Futian on the web quite a bit, but have never seen one. They look great to me but I was concerned about parts availability so I bought a Jinma 254. I am extremely happy with my Jinma.

/ Question on a chinese tractor #6  
Bryan,
There is something to be said in having a product that is different from the competition. When everything else is the same, then price becomes the main point of focus for most buyers, one has only to look at the many posts on this web site to see that buyers will buy from a dealer many miles away to buy the same tractor at a lower price.

I looked hard at the TY294 from Weifang, at least on paper, and it compares well, and competitivly priced. I have talked with Mr. Barrett and beleive him knowlegeable. If you go that route, you will want to stock lots of parts. Customers are very concerned about parts avialability, and since there are few importers of that tractor, there are few containers coming from China on a monthly basis, so parts waits could get long.

After much procrastination, In the end, I elected to go with LENAR for my dealership here in Arkansas. You might want to look at their webste if you havn't, www.lenartractor.com. I like the features of the tractor, its looks, better fit and finish, USA parts support, exclusive marketing agreement (single tractors are not sold in the crate to retail buyers) etc.

Because LENAR currently has only one model, I have also became a dealer for Homier's FarmPro division. www.farmprotractors.com The great advantage to their program is that they assemble and stock the tractors in Indiana. I recieved my first order on the Monday following the Wed. that I wired my payment! The wholesale cost is higher than buying direct from China, but they pay warrantee labor and I don't have money tied up 60 to 90 days before I see tractors. There are other distributors of Jinma tractors with dealership programs as well.

the CTOA is a great source of information, primarily for JIMNA tractors.

What ever you decide, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture!

Thank you to all who replyed to my ?. I am going tro have to make a tough decision. I have emailed farm pro and Lenar. I am waiting on a reply. I want to deal a tractor that is priced right but do not like the idea of waiting 1-3 months for the tractors to come in and then not be able to get parts for them. I would like to deal in Jinma but also like the exclusviness of Lenar. I will let everyone know what I decide when I do. Ovr all I think tat I will have a decent market in RI by talking to my customers and others around me. Thanks again, Bryan.

/ Question on a chinese tractor #8  
You can also get an exclusinve on DF tractors if your area is open,I believe that your stocking distributer would be Rob Perry of east wind tractor in Vestal NY I believe that his site is www.dfne.com I personally have purchased and delt with Walter Barret and I have no complaints at all with him or China depot,When you import the first time you must be patient but it was a great learning experiance good luck with your dishion,The TY tractors are suppose to be nice overall as well as reasonable,I spoke with Mike Stuart a while back when I was curious

/ Question on a chinese tractor #9  
Hi I just though you may want to know that there are a few JINMA dealers up in that neck of the woods.

several are good people whom I've dealt with.

Steve Puma, (http://www.puma-machine.com ) Sells single tractor & single parts all way up to full containers.

Graham (BOlton Power & Equipment) retail end dealer also great all around answer guy. Joinmas and some others as well as bull dozers ect.

Walter barret @ china depot is HQ up in that area I belive too.

For a more complete list of peopl eand contact info, chect John S's Web site

http://www.johnstractor.homestead.com/

also shows photos on Johns site, if you lok under it and see almost dead center, "Marks Load" those were mine that I got from Steve Puma.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif