Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #1  

cbd

Can anyone help me figure angles for truss's on open loft/storage for a barn style roof for a shed. 16 by 20

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #2  
Check your agriculture site extension service online. They have all the FREE plans that you could want. I did that in Canada and the service mailed me a large package of plans for free. So I went ahead and built the barn.
Craig Clayton

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #3  
Find a lumber yard that supplies truss rafters, and have them draw them up for you. Not only will you get the angles, you will also get the size for each chord to know that it's engineered properly.

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #4  
Google "Gambrel Roof" and you will find much to read.

MarkV

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #5  
This is what I used to build gambrel trusses for a 32' span. It gives you all the dimensions but no angles, I had to lay it out on the ground and farmer math the cut angles.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 1,294
   / Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #6  
Are you looking for the actual angle or are you trying to design a truss?:confused:

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #7  
I like this method.Take half the width 16'=8' draw 8' circle plate corner to plate
corner.Then from center draw line 45 degree left and right to circle.Straight line
from plate to 45 to center. Makes nice angles for gambrel style roofs. Good luck

/ Question on how to figure angle on barn style roofs #10  
Can anyone help me figure angles for truss's on open loft/storage for a barn style roof for a shed. 16 by 20

NEED MORE INFO.

Are you wanting to design/build a barn???

Is the barn already built and you just want to know the angle????

Are you just wanting to figure how to convert slope to angle????