question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #1  

bstrom

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota b2620
I'm wondering what the light materials (LM)bucket on the Kubota b3200 is. Is it just an oversized bucket for the tractor, I know it is 60 inches. Is it lighter gauge steel or the same as the stock 54 inch? Does LM mean you can't pick up a 700 pound rock in it or fill it with wet gravel or heap it way up with snow?
I own a B2620 but might upgrade at some point to the b3200 mostly because I could run a 6 ft rear blade and the larger bucket appeals to me for snow piling, dirt and gravel work. Some rock work.

Last edited:
   / question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #2  
I have a B3200 with the 60" fel bucket but I've never heard the term LM or light material. Here's mine moving rocks,tree, roll of house wrap and horse drawn disk on forks which has pick up point way out front.

Attachments

• P1050870.jpg
    P1050870.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 419
  • P1050882.jpg
    P1050882.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 259
  • P1050891.jpg
    P1050891.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 258
  • P1050898.jpg
    P1050898.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 309
  • P1050899.jpg
    P1050899.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 207
   / question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #3  
Mr.Thomas,

Couldn't help but notice the sticker on the bucket in your second to last picture that said something about "light material." Maybe you have the bucket he is asking about?

-Rob Glaser

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets
I guess I got the idea from the Kubota website - I think under the "build my" b3200 section they have two options for buckets - a 54inch and a 60 inch light materials I think they call it. Maybe you are not supposed to completely fill the large one with rocks or something? But it looks like it's working ok with the forks there and that's even stressed more than if the rock was in it.

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #5  
You can put the QA designed for the B3200 on your B2620, and then get a larger bucket for light materials.

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #6  
Mr.Thomas,

Couldn't help but notice the sticker on the bucket in your second to last picture that said something about "light material." Maybe you have the bucket he is asking about?

-Rob Glaser
:) How could he didn't notice when the sticker is rite there on the Bucket big as life?:confused:

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #7  
Mr.Thomas,

-Rob Glaser
Good eye or I'm just blind/dumb as LB implies. Course if I had 3 of the same tractors:) instead of different ones I'm sure I would have memorized all of the stickers. After 9 different Kubotas with all the stickers I don't look at them but this looks like I have the 60" light material bucket and it seems quite capable of a decent load. I'm sure the weight of what your picking up would be the major factor. Sure you could pick up a full bucket of mulch but not a full bucket of gravel due to weight/capacity.

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #8  
:) How could he didn't notice when the sticker is rite there on the Bucket big as life?:confused:
Thanks for pointing out my disability of blindness. Thought you would be more sensitive to the disabled since you yourself have told that you are disabled.:confused:

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets #9  
*Thanks for pointing out my disability of blindness. Thought you would be more sensitive to the disabled since you yourself have told that you are disabled.:confused:
:)Glad to oblige.
Just couldn't help myself. :D
One shouldn't confuse them self by having 9 different tractors.;)

/ question on kubota b3200 FEL buckets
You can put the QA designed for the B3200 on your B2620, and then get a larger bucket for light materials.

Thanks I might look into that, would be nice to get a snow plow for that QA too, although that might mean hydraulics and more bucks:eek:

Was it you that I saw with a snowplow attached to the bucket or someone else? That looked pretty cool, depending on how easy it comes on and off I guess. I could see plowing, then dropping it to use the bucket to pile up snow once in awhile.(I live in Maine)

I really like my b2620, it's so maneuverable with plenty of power. Not to get of the subject but how does that chipper work for you? So many toys so little time!:)