Dirt Moving Question on using a 3pt Scarifier

/ Question on using a 3pt Scarifier #11  
OP, to support what everyone else has said , I use the box blade to dig and scrape.

The BB is easier on the tractor to loosen and move material short distances.

To move material further, I use the BB to loosen and move material into a pile then use the loader to transport or load into a trailer.

To make a pile with the BB, drag and drop 8 or 10 box loads of material in a location, then in reverse, push the material into a pile.
I have made piles 10 feet wide, 5 feet tall and 20 feet long doing this. It looked like a dump truck left a few loads there.

/ Question on using a 3pt Scarifier #12  
OP, to support what everyone else has said , I use the box blade to dig and scrape.

The BB is easier on the tractor to loosen and move material short distances.

To move material further, I use the BB to loosen and move material into a pile then use the loader to transport or load into a trailer.

To make a pile with the BB, drag and drop 8 or 10 box loads of material in a location, then in reverse, push the material into a pile.
I have made piles 10 feet wide, 5 feet tall and 20 feet long doing this. It looked like a dump truck left a few loads there.
Just be careful in reverse:
Year old thread but my adult son managed to do it:
View attachment 470330

View attachment 470331

Just a kink in the blasted turnbuckle fitting.
From pushing with the Box Blade in reverse.

/ Question on using a 3pt Scarifier #13  
Just be careful in reverse:

From pushing with the Box Blade in reverse.
Yes Sir, I have heard that the 3 ph is designed for pulling.

I dont do any heavy pushing in reverse. Only to move loose material into a pile.

It is a good reminder though to those not familiar.

/ Question on using a 3pt Scarifier #14  
Turnbuckle/Chain stabilizers offer support only when pulling. I mangled at set on my B3300SU, pushing a Box Blade, before I learned.

Rigid stabilizers offer "some" support pushing in reverse.

Last edited:
   / Question on using a 3pt Scarifier #15  
I have had good results using my tiller to make the ground fluffy, then scoop up the dirt with my front bucket.