Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #11  
Flusher,
My 1200 tiller was green and it had a smooth output shaft from the gearbox that the tube that the tines attach to went over it. There was one bolt going through the tube and output shaft. It may not have been designed to, but it acted as a shear bolt if I hit a rock. I have since upgraded to a newer red Yanmar tiller and it has the 3 bolts like yours. I do not believe these to be shear bolts and a slip clutch would be a good idea. That is what I use now.

Rich

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #12  
These tillers were made to till rice paddy mud. Not many rocks or roots to deal with. Don't hold that against them. They are well worth the efforts you plan to put in to make them fit your uses.

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #13  
Count me in the exact same situation wall to wall.
Here's a pic that someone posted in one of the previous threads that may be of some help. When I do mine, I think I'll just get the clutch first, then make the lower link extensions to fit.

Attachments

• 758126-Yanmar tiller - 3ph mod.jpg
    758126-Yanmar tiller - 3ph mod.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 555
   / Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( re: HomeBrew2's photo )</font>

Someone posted a similar photo and said extending the pins is also a substitute for the special Yanmar upper link assembly. That is a barrel link that looks normal but is shorter than standard, and an extended mount bolted on the back of the tractor to meet the tractor-end of this short upper link.

Apparently the special upper link, or welding on the pin extensions, is needed so you can lift a Yanmar tiller without hitting the tires.

Bolting on that special Yanmar upper mount before tilling seems like a nuisance. Do the pin extensions really work as well? Comments?

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller
Re: attached photo
That's what my RS1200 tiller looks like with its male, 6-spline PTO shaft (see attachment to this post).
Still need to weld on the attachment bars as shown in your attachment.
Don't know if I'll do the custom paint job.

Attachments

• 758427-DSCF0169-gantry dolly.JPG
    758427-DSCF0169-gantry dolly.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 416
   / Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #16  
Yea, the bracket is a pain in the butt.. However, I still have the roll pinned O/R clutch , thats a real pain.. I plan on getting a quick disconnect clutch and with the lower arms extended, I may be able to use my cutters top link to make things easier to swap out.

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #18  
How short? I have an old one from my 1300 tiller that is very short. I used it with a 2002D. Had to get a longer one for my Bobcat. Give me your longest length needed and I will check it. I am in Northeast Texas.

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #19  
How short? I have an old one from my 1300 tiller that is very short. I used it with a 2002D. Had to get a longer one for my Bobcat. Give me your longest length needed and I will check it. I am in Northeast Texas.

He must not be too interested, posts almost 2 weeks ago and nothing back... Unless he sent you a pm?:confused3:

/ Question on Yanmar RS1200 tiller #20  
I still have a PTO shaft I had to shorten to make it fit a RS.1200/Ym2000. Needs a new Bearing on it. I just pulled it out and a bushing will work just fine IMO.. Also your need a new bearing cap clip also. I sent it flying from being corroded on for decades and taking it off. Worked great until Fred. sent me the correct one. And the reason I kept it is it took Fred. a few days to send me the correct one. Only 1.5Hr. drive from me and were talking over a week. 10yrs. ago so I doubt they are more available.