Question: Problem starting a powertrac

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac
Thanks for the advice. I jumped it between solenoid posts and it immediately started. Kept it running for about 4 hours, collecting rocks and using the tiller, and then it would start up right away from the key. Let it sit a few hours and it started again from the key as normal (haven't been out and tried it yet this morning). I guess if this problem occurs again I'll change the solenoid and see what happens, then look at the starter and wiring.

BTW, the PTO was off on both ends, so that was not the problem.

Thanks!

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #12  
Thanks for the advice. I jumped it between solenoid posts and it immediately started. Kept it running for about 4 hours, collecting rocks and using the tiller, and then it would start up right away from the key. Let it sit a few hours and it started again from the key as normal (haven't been out and tried it yet this morning). I guess if this problem occurs again I'll change the solenoid and see what happens, then look at the starter and wiring.

Thanks!

The PTO switches could have loose connections on them. I think they are the push on spade lugs.

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #13  

Thanks!

Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #14  
FWIW: I'm on my third solenoid on my 1445. The first one sheared off at the engine mount, the second one failed electrically, and the third seems OK.

I have also had to replace the control wires to the solenoid, both from the starter, and from the control panel; the vibration of the engine caused the ring terminal to break, resulting in intermittent starting.

Glad to hear it is working again, and welcome to TBN.

All the best,

Peter

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac
Thanks for all the welcomes! This is a pretty amazing resource, I'm printing out the replies and filing them into my owners manual for future reference, and doing lots of browsing the forum.

I checked the pto connection a while back and it seemed tight. Started up right away yesterday, tilled over some bull thistle to keep them from going to seed.

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #17  
This forum is as good as calling Tazwell. Love the fact they pick up but I learn so much here...

As for the owners manual, you got one? I think you are the first.

Post picks of your machine, not a lot of 2XXX owners here.

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #19  
I also received operators manual and service manuals when I purchased my 422 in 1999 and I also got manuals for the used 1845 I purchased several years ago, only information on the tractor nothing on attachments.

/ Question: Problem starting a powertrac #20  
I have a manual for my 2001 PT425. Spent a lot of time looking for grease zereks that were listed in the manual but not included on my model year. :laughing:

A call to the factory straightened me out. :thumbsup: