Question

/ Question #1  

Russ5160

Just a quick question. Do Kioti tractors have a governor?

/ Question #2  
I don't know of a tractor that doesn't have one, even lawn mowers have them.

/ Question #3  
I suppose it's comes down to what models you're looking for.

Some are mechanically injected engines, while others use Common rail engine. Either way, one will have mechanical governor and other is probably done electronically.

/ Question #5  
My manual has a section dedicated to the governor starting with Basic principle of governor system.

/ Question
My manual has a section dedicated to the governor starting with Basic principle of governor system.

How can you tell if it’s working. I can’t believe mine is working. This tractor is disappointing.

/ Question #7  
The tractor does have a governor. If it isn't working your machine will run wonky.

3.5.2 OPERATION OF GOVERNOR
1. WHEN STOPPED
The fuel is blocked since the solenoid (3) pushes the injection pump control rack (4) of the injection pump to the left.
2. WHEN TURNING THE KEY SWITCH ON
When the electromagnet in the stop solenoid operates and the pin is retracted, the injection pump control rack (4) is pushed to the right by the start spring (9) and the idle control shaft (10) to supply the sufficient amount of fuel in order to start the engine.
3. WHEN STARTING THE ENGINE AND RUNNING THE ENGINE AT LOW IDLE SPEED
When the engine is started, the steel ball (6) pushes the governor sleeve (11) to the left as the centrifugal force of the steel ball increases. Therefore, the gover- nor fork lever 1 (13) pushes the pump rack (4) to the left to reduce the amount of fuel supplied.
As the control rack is stopped by the idle spring (8), it keeps the balance with the centrifugal force of the steel ball so that at least minimum amount of fuel is deliv- ered for stable engine running at idle speed.
4. ACCELERATION AND DECELERATION
When depressing the accelerator pedal, the governor spring (1) pulls the fork lever 2 (12) to the right and then pushes the fork lever 1 (13) to the right. The fork lever (13) is stopped by the governor sleeve(11).
When the centrifugal force of the steel ball (6) that is proportional to the engine speed is balanced with the tension of the governor spring (1) that is determined by the driver, the stable speed is maintained.
5. LOAD INCREASE AT HIGH SPEED
When a load is applied to the engine running at a high speed, the centrifugal force of steel ball (6) decreases as the engine speed drops. Also, the fork lever 2 (12) is pulled to the right by the governor spring until it con- tacts the fuel limit bolt (14). Until then, the amount of injected fuel per one stroke of the injector plunger and the torque increase.
This range (a) is between the max. speed point with no load and the max. power point of the torque curve.
When the fork lever 2 is blocked by the fuel limit bolt (14) and does not move any more and the load is in- creased, the centrifugal force of steel ball drops further and the torque spring (15) compressed between the fork lever 1 and 2 is loosened. Then, the fork lever 2 moves to the right until the torque spring is free, and the amount of fuel supplied and the torque increase si- multaneously.
This range (b) is between the max. power and the max. torque point in the torque curve.
6. WHEN STOPPED
When the key switch is moved to the "OFF" position, the stop solenoid power is cut off to release the electro- magnet. Therefore, the stop pin comes off by the return force of the spring and pushes the solenoid guide (2) and fuel injection pump rack to the stop position to stop the engine.

/ Question #8  
What size and model?
What are you trying to do with it?