Grapple questions about choice of root grapple

/ questions about choice of root grapple #71  
You can take IT's recommendations to the bank. But....I aint so sure he's picked up the biggest ever load of brush.....I gotta dig thru my pics......I didn't know there was a contest. ;) :D

Sometimes I pick up whole pine trees.....and if not balanced right....I get concerned about twisting the loader. Some of those trees can be pretty heavy and there is allot of leverage. Short sections like shown here are no big deal.

We'll need a contest for 1) largest mouthful of plain brush, 2) largest whole tree, 3) largest rock, and 4)??? largest Jersey Barrier piece. Perhaps we will also need HP categories such as under 30hp, 30-40hp, 40-50hp etc.

Here are my entries in the under 30 and 40-50hp categories (some previously posted):

Attachments

• IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    656.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4370_small.jpg
    IMG_4370_small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    490.3 KB · Views: 159
  • grappling boulder.jpg
    grappling boulder.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image-15386786.jpg
    image-15386786.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Ripper 00178.jpg
    Ripper 00178.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3353_small.jpg
    IMG_3353_small.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1594_small.jpg
    IMG_1594_small.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 157
   / questions about choice of root grapple #72  
Nice video and well constructed grapple. However, why is 66" the smallest size you offer when other manufacturers sell 48" versions that are well accepted by the CUT community? As you must know if you have read this thread, there are significant advantages to a lightweight 48" size single arm grapple especially for tractors under 40hp and even for larger CUTs. Your offered sizes show these are really just knock offs of skidsteer grapples with little thought given to the differences in how CUTs and skidsteers are used. Why not give your customers the choice of an identically built narrower version with a single upper arm? Use the same templates etc etc just make it narrower. If you outsource this grapple from Construction Attachments (who have far more skidsteer focus and treat the CUT market as an afterthought), why not ask them to build you a "CUT special" 48" version. The bottom half of your current grapple is identical in construction to my 48" Millonzi and your upper arm is much improved over mine. Make up a prototype and I'll test it for you!!!

Your business is better organized and marketed than some of the other 48" grapple manufacturers so there is an opportunity out there to exploit. Build a better 48" light duty and you'll add jobs for the economy. It's your patriotic duty!

We do offer the compact root grapples from 54" to 72".
I agree with you and will most likely offer a 48" with a single clam shell when we start making our own since there is a known demand for them.

/ questions about choice of root grapple #73  
We do offer the compact root grapples from 54" to 72".
I agree with you and will most likely offer a 48" with a single clam shell when we start making our own since there is a known demand for them.

450lbs and dual upper arms for the 54" version is overkill. Same basic quality with a 48" and single upper grapple at 350lbs and with pricing at the $1200-1300 range with your usual "free" shipping and you'd be selling them like hotcakes. Figure out a fair west coast delivery charge and you'd sell even more.

You'd save a lot of weight just removing the second upper arm but you could also cut down a bit on the size of the bottom tines. I've included photos of my Millonzi bottom tines. Same style cut from a single piece of 3/8" plate as yours. I don't think the Millonzi tines are quite as big though. They are as straight and true today as when I received it 7 years ago and I've used it aggressively with a DK40se tractor that weighs 6000+ and lifts 2700lbs. I often lift the rear wheels off the ground while digging stumps without doing any damage to the bottom tines. The upper grapple arm on my Millonzi is a bit too light for the abuse I have dished out and it has some battle scars and bends but it still works fine. Cross bracing on mine with just a couple of pipe pieces is not great. The Construction Attachments upper grapple is IMO a bit over built but is basically a nice design. Could save some weight and steel there too without any serious compromise.

Attachments

• IMG_3786_small.jpg
    IMG_3786_small.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3021_small.jpg
    IMG_3021_small.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3790_small.jpg
    IMG_3790_small.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3017_small.jpg
    IMG_3017_small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3018_small.jpg
    IMG_3018_small.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3019_small.jpg
    IMG_3019_small.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3020_small.jpg
    IMG_3020_small.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4321 smallsmallfile.jpg
    IMG_4321 smallsmallfile.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 123
   / questions about choice of root grapple #75  
The shipping fees KILL sales for us Best Coasters !

Quoted from our website on ALL Construction Attachments root grapples:
"Free Shipping within Continental USA!" to a commercial business or supporting freight terminal!!!!!

For even more piece of mind, I can send anything on our website in the 500 pound range to a commercial business in your zip code(assuming it is 91016) or the freight terminal in Los Angeles for around $100.
The rates differ for certain areas that aren't near a major city but sounds pretty good in your case!
So no matter where you are in the US, don't hesitate to give us a try.

/ questions about choice of root grapple #76  
Quoted from our website on ALL Construction Attachments root grapples:
"Free Shipping within Continental USA!" to a commercial business or supporting freight terminal!!!!!

For even more piece of mind, I can send anything on our website in the 500 pound range to a commercial business in your zip code(assuming it is 91016) or the freight terminal in Los Angeles for around $100.
The rates differ for certain areas that aren't near a major city but sounds pretty good in your case!
So no matter where you are in the US, don't hesitate to give us a try.

Thanx for the claification Ted, all's I ever see on your site is Free Shipping Within 1000 miles.

/ questions about choice of root grapple #77  
Well it showed up today UPS freight, two days after placing the order. It was packaged well on a pallet and looks great. Now I am going to go "grapple" something.....:thumbsup:

grapple1.jpggrapple2.jpggrapple3.jpg

/ questions about choice of root grapple #79  
Deerherd said:
Well it showed up today UPS freight, two days after placing the order. It was packaged well on a pallet and looks great. Now I am going to go "grapple" something.....:thumbsup:

looks great! What brand / model is "it"?

/ questions about choice of root grapple #80  
Sure does look robust...
I would love to see some UTubes of it in action!
Post #7 he declares what it is.