Questions about Filling my Rear Tires?

/ Questions about Filling my Rear Tires? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Need to fill my rear tires on my Kubota B7800 and have some questions.

Need to get a valve to fill through the standard Schrader valve. Is a Gempler valve
the valve of choice?

What is the proper way to jack the rear end up-both sides at once, or one
side at a time.

I plan to use a 12 ton bottle jack. Where is the best and safest place to set up the jack up relative to the
rear of the tractor? Should I use a block of wood between the jack and tractor?

I have a submersible 120v pump for my pool cover. Can this be used or do I need to use a 12v marine pump that
I have read others have used?

Any suggestions on what is the best liquid ballast to use here in CT?

Thanks for your help in advance.

/ Questions about Filling my Rear Tires? #2  
Need to fill my rear tires on my Kubota B7800 and have some questions.

Need to get a valve to fill through the standard Schrader valve. Is a Gempler valve
the valve of choice?

What is the proper way to jack the rear end up-both sides at once, or one
side at a time.

I plan to use a 12 ton bottle jack. Where is the best and safest place to set up the jack up relative to the
rear of the tractor? Should I use a block of wood between the jack and tractor?

I have a submersible 120v pump for my pool cover. Can this be used or do I need to use a 12v marine pump that
I have read others have used?

Any suggestions on what is the best liquid ballast to use here in CT?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You know, I went down this same road your going down. I wanted to save money, was my reason for doing it myself. I got kind of frustrated the further I got into it. So I broke down and called around to the tire shops that had Rimguard and found out that it cost was very reasonable. It cost $145.00 and $30.00 of that was labor. It was worth the $30.00 to have someone do it for me. Just something to think about?

/ Questions about Filling my Rear Tires? #3  
this is a very easy, do it yourself type job. for ultimate safety.. just do one side at a time.. and only jack enough to get tire 1/4" off ground.

tsc, napa, et, all sell a tire burp valve that lets you attach a garden hose to the tire valve after you remove the core with a lil core tool.

get your choice of ballast.. some prefer eco safe antifreeze.. some -degree ww fluid.. etc.

whatever you choose. buy your ballast mix and get it inthe tire.

can use a pump and a short piece of hose slipped over valve stem. ( rubber fuel or vac line hose.. etc.. )

drill pump.. etc.

can use a pump up sprayer, and introduce a gallon at a time.. etc.. just remove the want fromt he hose or the tip fromt he wand..

after the ballast mix is in. add water via hose. burp often. we water is to the stem / top of rim ( stem at top ).. remove adapter. install core and air tires like you normally would. id reccomed repalcing the core just because.

as for freeze protection.. remember.. this isn't like an engine. a slushy is fine in a tire.. just don't want a solid freeze. don't use the hose and adapter to overfill the tire. just get it to the rim top level.

lastly.. if this is a tubed tire. this will be pretty easy.. the tire bead seperation won't be an issue.

if it is tubeless and the bead wants to seperate, use a ratchet strap onthe tire cranked down around the circumference in the middle... it should keep the bead on. .. just remember to remove it after you put a couple psi air in it ( enouigh to hold bead ).. otherwise if you air up all the way you may not get the ratchet strap to release. ;)