questions about JD 1023e pricing/options

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #1  

gdk22984

Tractor
none
Hello all! Newbie here...

First off, thanks for the great forums here!

Today I went to my local JD dealer to see the 1023e. This is my first "utility" tractor as I am in need of a small loader/backhoe for around the property. Anyway, I have a few questions on pricing and the options. I wanted a quote for tractor, H120 loader, 260 backhoe, and 54D mower deck.

What I noticed about the quote after I got home is that it seemed most if not all the attachments are at full list price, same price as just going on the JD website. The whole tractor is pretty close to MSRP with all the implements as quoted on JD's website. Is this normal? Or do they just want to make really good profit?

Secondly, I noticed they quoted a ballast box for the loader (planning on just using the backhoe for that?), a seat assembly for the 260 backhoe. Not really sure why? Adding up all the "set-up and freight" charges total $1281.25.

What do you all think?? Novice tractor buyer here! Thinking on quoting a kubota as well...

Thanks all!!

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #2  
How are you paying for it: Cash? Your own loan from a bank? JD financing? $0 down 0% int 84 mos? Money down and not $0/0%?

That makes a difference in your bargaining power on price. The $0/0% financing they (dealer/JD) pretty much have to do MSRP to make it profitable. If it is cash or outside financing then you can get the lowest price. If money down not 0% That is the second best.

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options
I am planning on financing. I guess if they have to sell at MSRP, there must not be much profit margin ;)

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #4  
If you do the $0/0%/84 mos. then there isn't really room to bargain. The other side of that is it isn't worth paying it off early. It will be a fixed amount of paymentx from beginning to end and You would pay the same no matter when you pay it off.

True. It's is 0% for 60 months or 1.9% at 72. My choice. Just not used to buying at MSRP pricing, especially on expensive items.

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #6  
If you go with outside financing (there's probably a farmers credit union around you somewhere) and get the loan the dealer would call it a cash deal and let you bargain some.

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #7  
my 1025R FILB was delivered last week. I got quotes from 3 different dealers in my area, they were between 15-20 percent below JD web site MSRP. setup fee/freight charges ranged from 950 - 1400. I was told my dealer that same price for cash or JD 0% for 60 months (10% down).

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #8  
Yep, JD financing doesn't impact the price you pay, the dealer never asked which way I was going when negotiating recently.

You will have to work to get the price down off MSRP. The best I could do on my X739 purchased a month ago was 9% off the tractor and attachments with no setup, freight or delivery fees and that's with the 0% which also didn't have any hidden fees.

Yep, JD financing doesn't impact the price you pay, the dealer never asked which way I was going when negotiating recently.

You will have to work to get the price down off MSRP. The best I could do on my X739 purchased a month ago was 9% off the tractor and attachments with no setup, freight or delivery fees and that's with the 0% which also didn't have any hidden fees.

Thanks Eric. I'll see what I can do. I just figured I could go in the dealership and beat the pricing I did quickly online via the JD site, even at least a little bit! But like I said, could have basically quoted it myself, minus adding on the setup/delivery/shipping fees. If they want the business, then they'll have to budge at least a little I think... If not, im not sold on just green!

/ questions about JD 1023e pricing/options #10  
Thanks Eric. I'll see what I can do. I just figured I could go in the dealership and beat the pricing I did quickly online via the JD site, even at least a little bit! But like I said, could have basically quoted it myself, minus adding on the setup/delivery/shipping fees. If they want the business, then they'll have to budge at least a little I think... If not, im not sold on just green!

The first quote I got was about 1-2% below MSRP and then they added some setup and freight fees on top of that so I wasn't very impressed with their desire to sell me a tractor either. It is the spring/summer sales rush so maybe if it had been winter their first offer might have been more realistic, and I bet they do sell more than a few at MSRP to folks that need a machine immediately at this time of year.