questions about my 670

/ questions about my 670 #1  

supratreo

Tractor
JD
hi, i'm new here and have a few questions about my first tractor, JD 670 4wd.

i bought it with a bucket and backhoe and i would like to take the backhoe off and use the pto. i want to get a tiller but first need to know what my 3pt is missing. i know i need the lift links but don't know what else, if someone could post pics that would be great. i also have all of the manuals and a parts explosion but its hard to tell what i need.

next, i need help picking a tiller and box scraper. i will only be using the tiller 2-3 times a year so i don't want to spend too much but want decent quality. what do you guys rec.? i also found a model 35a tiller made for a 400, would this work? this thing puts out about 16hp at the pto.

any help would be great. thank you very much.

/ questions about my 670 #2  
If you are missing all the stuff to hook up a 3pt implement, there are a couple places that sell kits that will fit most tractors. Here is one place:

3 POINT HITCH KITS - eezs.com

I believe your 670 would take the item 29411 for $129.

As for implements, you definitely want to go with 4ft implements for your 670. It's actually rated as subcompact, so it's light on weight and power.
Good luck!

/ questions about my 670
thank you very much for the help. i will try to take a look at it this weekend and see what i need. i thought i just needed the lift links but i'll take a look, i also thought that there were some springs in there so i'll have to see.
also, does it matter if i get a cat1 or cat3?

/ questions about my 670
ok, so i found this:
3 point hitch

is that all there is for a 3 pt hitch? my owners manual makes it look much more complicated. if this is all there is then i will take some measurements and place my order.

/ questions about my 670 #5  
The 670 and 790 3pt hitches look the same on the JD parts catalog website with a few of the parts, like the draft links, having the same part numbers. The one spring (#18) I see is the one to hold the draft links in away from the tires, but that can be replaced by a bungee cord. The other springs listed are locking pins (#12) that are just the R clips that keep the sway chain turnbuckles set once they are properly adjusted and the turnbuckle handles that are spring pins (#10). I will try to measure the length of the draft links this evening.

/ questions about my 670 #6  
ok, so i found this:
3 point hitch

is that all there is for a 3 pt hitch? my owners manual makes it look much more complicated. if this is all there is then i will take some measurements and place my order.

First: The 670 is a cat 1 3pt.
Second: I'm not sure that 3pt kit in your link will work with the 670. Not all tractors are set up the same, if the part description doesn't say "will fit your tractor" do not buy it without doing your homework. Here's a link to the Deere site Parts look up John Deere - Parts Catalog

/ questions about my 670 #7  
Here is the pics of the 3pt draft link on my 790. The draft links have the same part number so maybe it will help. I held the end of the tape at the center of the lower ball swivel for the pic. Good luck.

Last edited:
   / questions about my 670
thank you very much, that is a huge. looks like there isn't much to the hitch. now to take my backhoe off. thanks again.

/ questions about my 670
well, took a closer look at it and it looks like i don't have a seat switch. is there anything else i will discover when i go try to use an implement?
thanks again for all the help.