questions bout international 47 haybaler.

/ questions bout international 47 haybaler. #1  

funny farmer

Silver Member
Tractor
ford 4000
If your looking at the tracktor from the wagon the right side of the bale is longer,and has more material in it, and of course the twine is longer than the left. Adjusting the bale tension on either side doen't do any good. And iv'e adjusted the feed fork but that didn't seem to do any good. There are 2 hay dogs on the bottom of the chamber and the one on the left is missing a spring so its always down but the right one is really easy to push down with my fingers. I'm not sure if that would cause such a drastic difference anyways. All i can do is keep feeding the material as close as i can get to the tractor and it seems to help a little bit. One thing is that the last time i used it last year i came into some heavy windrows and it was getting late so i kept the trator in 4th gear and it seemed like the more material i feed into the thing the beeter it worked. whitch i didn't think it would be such a good thing to do with an old baler, and of course it misses the tie on that side 1 out of 10 bales.any commets or suggestions will be apprecitated.

/ questions bout international 47 haybaler. #2  
Not familiar w/ your particular baler but I think putting it into good repair would be the first step. Getting an operator manual, Im sure would also help immensely. They usually have a trouble shooting section.