Questions on field mowing

/ Questions on field mowing #1  

hairyapple

Tractor
yanmar
Due to circumstance, I was way behind getting to cut the 3 acres of field I mow. Lots of rain didn't help thing either.

So now I have it down and am wondering if I can rake it using a york rake, because that's what I have. It's been decades, literally, since I used a york rake and then

it was to help my father do landscaping, raking out root etc. I never tried it to rake afield.

/ Questions on field mowing #2  
If that is all you got, that's it. Put your head on a swivel and keep the rake just high enough as to not engage dirt, and off you go. Make a few wide turns to pull out the accumulated clippings, and start again on your clipping rows.

Good luck!

/ Questions on field mowing
If that is all you got, that's it. Put your head on a swivel and keep the rake just high enough as to not engage dirt, and off you go. Make a few wide turns to pull out the accumulated clippings, and start again on your clipping rows.

Good luck!
Thanks, I fabbed up a set of wheels (casters) last year for the rake so I'd have a way to control the height over uneven ground, now I guess I'll have a chance to see how they work. They had been the front tires and axle from an old, demolished Wheel Horse.