Questions on the numbers on my 3930?

/ Questions on the numbers on my 3930? #1  

Fl3930

Tractor
New Holland 3930
resize 1 tractor data.JPG resize 2 tractor data.JPG

Questions on the numbers on my new to me, New Holland/Ford 3930. I had to pull the hood on my 3930. Noticed it seemed to have fractured paint. Which turned out to be where someone had stood on the hood. Then to fix it the moron decided to put a 1/2" of Bondo on the caved in hood. "Go figure" anyway that is in another thread!

To make a long story short I found the numbers on the inside of the hood. So this image with the numbers, appear at the top of the page. The first shows the data plate as it appears and the hood. The second is the numbers I copied after cleaning the plate and putting my magnifying glass to the numbers.

Now here is the problems I can't find any info that corresponds to those numbers and tractor info! No where have I been able to find 3930 data that shows a model # of BA6P4C. Nor do any of the other numbers correspond to any info I have found on the net. Can anyone shed me some light on where to go to find the info that corresponds to the numbers?

Last edited:
   / Questions on the numbers on my 3930?
So maybe I am dense but I still do not see any numbers on my tractor that correspond to the TractorData.com New Holland 3930 tractor information as suggested by the New Holland 3930 Serial Number Que... - Yesterday's Tractors.

He is saying quote: I am trying to figure out when my New Holland 3930 was made by using the serial number on the transmission housing which is the same as the tag under the hood. It is BE05765, but all the info online doesn't include any starting with BE.

Well I have the same problem. Here is the number on the side of the transmission IMG_1434.JPG and it doesn't correspond to the hood numbers. IMG_1448.JPG
There has to be a site somewhere that has numbers that actually match!!! Anyone?

/ Questions on the numbers on my 3930? #4  
View attachment 751456 View attachment 751457

Questions on the numbers on my new to me, New Holland/Ford 3930. I had to pull the hood on my 3930. Noticed it seemed to have fractured paint. Which turned out to be where someone had stood on the hood. Then to fix it the moron decided to put a 1/2" of Bondo on the caved in hood. "Go figure" anyway that is in another thread!

To make a long story short I found the numbers on the inside of the hood. So this image with the numbers, appear at the top of the page. The first shows the data plate as it appears and the hood. The second is the numbers I copied after cleaning the plate and putting my magnifying glass to the numbers.

Now here is the problems I can't find any info that corresponds to those numbers and tractor info! No where have I been able to find 3930 data that shows a model # of BA6P4C. Nor do any of the other numbers correspond to any info I have found on the net. Can anyone shed me some light on where to go to find the info that corresponds to the numbers?
interesting, if you punch in your serial number at CNH it gives you - 038450B - 3430 - 3 CYL AG TRACTOR ALL PURPOSE - (03/90 - 01/98)

A 3930 model should start with a "CA5, CA6, CH5, or CN5", have you compared whats on the tag to what's stamped on the bell housing boss just above and behind the starter? should be 3 lines of numbers. wouldn't have been the first hood swapped out through the years!

the number you show that's cast into the transmission is a part identification casting number, they will not match anything in the tag

/ Questions on the numbers on my 3930?
interesting, if you punch in your serial number at CNH it gives you - 038450B - 3430 - 3 CYL AG TRACTOR ALL PURPOSE - (03/90 - 01/98)

A 3930 model should start with a "CA5, CA6, CH5, or CN5", have you compared whats on the tag to what's stamped on the bell housing boss just above and behind the starter? should be 3 lines of numbers. wouldn't have been the first hood swapped out through the years!

the number you show that's cast into the transmission is a part identification casting number, they will not match anything in the tag
That 3930 is a 3 cylinder diesel! From what I have been able to figure out they made an AG model and a model designed for street use, or you might say the highway depts. of the various states!

So I Googled CNH and I am guessing that New Holland, Case and Steyr, have become one huge conglomerate, owned by the Italians and Americans! Go figure!! CNH Industrial | Breaking New Ground
Here is something else I dug up about CNH:

In 1999, the Fiat Group, which owned the New Holland brand, purchased Case Corporation. The transaction led to the formation of CNH Global, a new company within the Fiat Group. The New Holland and Case IH brands retain distinct identities and features for each brand.Jun 22, 2021

Is there a link to where you found that info at on the CNH site?

This is an update to the original info. On my tractor the numbers are on the transmission right behind the brakes and the throttle linkage which makes it damn hard to photograph! But here are some pics and then the full numbers as they appear. IMG_1471.JPG

D 3 N N-7006-DB huge block letters DB again.
FORD
HH3
4 0 02

So maybe that will shed some light if I can understand what that all means!

Last edited: