quick attach bent

/ quick attach bent #1  

streamin

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035 HST
So with only 56 hours on this tractor we ( my brother in law) were clearing some brush. He was not an aware tractor operator and somehow the securing arm came loose on the quick attach loader. so the bucket was held on by only one side and since he didn;t notice it, kept using the bucket to handle brush, digging I assume on something. well it bent the frame where the hydraulic arm attaches and the angle of the front face where it meets the bucket. Now it will not fit. could this be a warrantee item for the latch coming loose? Has anyone else ever done this? There is no bending it back that I can see, just replacement of the front assembly.

/ quick attach bent #2  
That sounds like operator error but this serves as a good reminder to make sure the QA is fully engaged, I have a habit of looking at the fare side when engaging the QA and not looking at the closest side figuring it's good to go.

Pics might help to solve your bent QA.

/ quick attach bent #3  
Sounds like operator error to me also and not a warranty issue. I have certainly had my own operator errors, but fortunately not this one. However I do have a replacement 3PH QH coming as I tore the top link mount away from the frame due to unknowingly having it in a bind with an extension I was using on the top link cylinder.

/ quick attach bent #4  
A picture of your QA would be helpfull

/ quick attach bent #6  
So with only 56 hours on this tractor we ( my brother in law) were clearing some brush. He was not an aware tractor operator and somehow the securing arm came loose on the quick attach loader. so the bucket was held on by only one side and since he didn;t notice it, kept using the bucket to handle brush, digging I assume on something. well it bent the frame where the hydraulic arm attaches and the angle of the front face where it meets the bucket. Now it will not fit. could this be a warrantee item for the latch coming loose? Has anyone else ever done this? There is no bending it back that I can see, just replacement of the front assembly.

Why not? If it got bent out it can be bent back with a bottle jack and a chain. I have straightened a lot of bent stuff that way.

/ quick attach bent
ok, better with pics. Maybe I can put a porta power from a pipe coming out of the loader arm to push the outside edge forward and make it parallel to the other side. I just don't dont want to damage the loader arm. tractor1.jpgtractor2.jpgtractor3.jpg

/ quick attach bent #8  
That type issue with the QA getting twisted has been posted on TBN many times.
It is almost always just the torque tube/bar between QA plates that gets twisted, making the plates uneven.
Just twist it back straight or cut the tube, line the plates back up and re weld the tube.

/ quick attach bent #9  
Yep, there have been many threads about QA plates bent just like yours.

One guy was able to secure one side to a tree and use the joystick to extend the other side out to get it lined up.

/ quick attach bent #10  
That type issue with the QA getting twisted has been posted on TBN many times.
It is almost always just the torque tube/bar between QA plates that gets twisted, making the plates uneven.
Just twist it back straight or cut the tube, line the plates back up and re weld the tube.

What he said