Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help
Good morning all,

We just listed the quick tach brackets (with the pins/springs/handles etc) for $179 with free shipping here: Quick Tach Conversion kit | Acessories and other attachments | palletforks.com

We should have a fully boxed in version soon with a price point around $295.

I would also be interested in just the latches as I would like to build an SSQA for my mini excavator.
I don't think a back plate is needed as that would increase the cost and is something that someone with the ability to cut and weld steel should be able to do if he needs to, but really it is up to you as to how much fabrication you would like to leave up to the customer. The price point you have targeted is certainly attractive now, but every add on makes it more expensive and some may not want them in the first place - me.

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #12  
We dont have a rating on it yet. These are OEM quality/spec but the capacity will depend greatly on how and what you weld to the plates/latches.

I will be buying a set! Thanks for offering just the latches.

Any rating, in how much weight they will handle (implement plus implement's load)?

Here are 3 actual photos of the quick tach plates($179). The last 3 photos will be the boxed in version($295) (minus the Deere Style tabs).
QTK1.jpgQTK2.jpgQTK3.jpg1DQT.jpg2DQT.jpg3DQT.jpg

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #15  
Here are 3 actual photos of the quick tach plates($179). The last 3 photos will be the boxed in version($295) (minus the Deere Style tabs).
View attachment 301342View attachment 301343View attachment 301344View attachment 301345View attachment 301346View attachment 301347

Will the boxed set have the square tubing connecting them? Dimentions of the plate the JD mounts are on? Length x width x thickness.
How heavy (thickness or ga) is the metal of the latch plates?

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #16  
Bill,

Tagging onto the above question (for use on a Kubota B3000/LA403 FEL), does the planned (hopefully) inclusion of the cross-tube seen to strengthen against bending, or torsion. (The reason for the question is that for a given wall thickness, round tubing is stronger against torsion forces.) Just thinking out loud.

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #17  
The square tube should be more than adequate for what that piece is doing. All its there for is to hold both pin boxes together when the bucket or attachment isnt in place. After the attahment is connected the attachment itself should become the stressed member. The bar may see small forces but will be limited to only small amounts of movement. This also raises another point, dont be lifting stuff with only the quick attach mounting, people here have done it and bent that cross beam, its not made for supporting loads!

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #18  
Looks great. I might suggest making the levers longer sometimes mine are hard to close.

Will the boxed set have the square tubing connecting them? Dimensions of the plate the JD mounts are on? Length x width x thickness.
How heavy (thickness or ga) is the metal of the latch plates?

The latch plates on the Boxed assembly are 1/4" thick The gussets and boxes are 5/16". The tube wall is 1/4". It has a sturdy, solid feel.

The top (or back side plates) are 22" tall and 7" wide. (These will be wider when we get this item into full production)

The boxed in assembly weight is 137 lbs. An OEM Kubota quick tach is 106 lbs.

We have a few of the boxed in quick tach assemblies here: Quick Tach Conversion Assembly | Acessories and other attachments | palletforks.com

And just the latch plates here: Quick Tach Conversion kit | Acessories and other attachments | palletforks.com

/ Quick Attach Conversion Kit.... Need a little help #20  
Am I correct in understanding that this will be "plug n' play"? In other words, pull the pins from a (for example Kubota LA403) pinned bucket and then pin this onto the FEL?