Quick Attach Not Coupling

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #11  
- Measure the length of the latch hook on each side. Are they the same length?
- Maybe the right one is 1/8" too long so it hits the end of the ram?
- Maybe it is welded at the correct height, but 1/8" too far to the left?
- Maybe the hole for the pivot bolt in the latch was mis-drilled 1/8" to the left, causing the latch to sit 1/8" too far to the right?
- Maybe the end of the cylinder is too long?

I'd send PT the picture showing it hitting the latch and ask Terry what to do. He may have a quick answer. Or, they may have to send you a new QA plate, or a modified latch with the hole drilled in a different spot, or just grind 1/8" off the end of the latch hook and be done with it. :confused3:

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #12  
Here are pics of my 425. I see that my stops are welded at the very outside edge of the QA plate (5 1/2" down from the top) while your right side seems to be inset a bit - maybe enough to cause the blockage? I can't tell for sure but your left stop seems to be set closer to the edge of the QA plate than the right.

The second pic shows the closest my ball joint ever gets to the stop.

Hope that at least gives you some frame of reference.

View attachment 604618View attachment 604619

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #13  
My bet is that the tab that the latching cylinder is attached to is the wrong one. It is for a larger machine.

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling
Here are pics of my 425. I see that my stops are welded at the very outside edge of the QA plate (5 1/2" down from the top) while your right side seems to be inset a bit - maybe enough to cause the blockage? I can't tell for sure but your left stop seems to be set closer to the edge of the QA plate than the right.

The second pic shows the closest my ball joint ever gets to the stop.

Hope that at least gives you some frame of reference.

View attachment 604618View attachment 604619

I'm getting bad links with these - can you fix them? Thanks.

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #16  
Longer bolt and a few flat washers to space the eye out a bit.

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #18  
Just make sure it won't hit anything when curled all the way back. It gets kinda tight in there.

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #19  
Call Terry. He will probably want you to take apart that front plate and ship it back so they can cut the stop tabs off and reweld it.

Manufacturing failure.

When I purchased my PT422, the hydraulic PTO wes DOA, and I needed new parts.

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling
Call Terry. He will probably want you to take apart that front plate and ship it back so they can cut the stop tabs off and reweld it.

Manufacturing failure.

When I purchased my PT422, the hydraulic PTO wes DOA, and I needed new parts.

Called PT - nothing jumped out from them.

I loosened / then tightened the two arms - nothing really seemed to make much difference (wanted to try simple solutions first). Few things I noticed, the bolt that attaches the cylinder to the arm protrudes through the arm on both - and drags on the plate, this seems wrong IMHO, though it doesn't seem to be causing the issue. The left was loose (moved toward and away from the plate) but the right did not move other than left and right. Tried a BFH, but nothing. Ended up just filing off enough so the cylinder clears, though it is not flush with the lock on each side, which to me seems like it should be.

Still seems odd to need to 'modify' a primary component of a machine after it 'passed' QA. Still seems like it should be something simple and the filing was just a work around.

It actually got caught on both ends (prior to the filing) - I'll upload a video when I get some time - essentially it moved to the left first, got caught up on the cylinder head, then started to move the right, which also got caught up on the cylinder head, but by that time there was enough room on the left and it would engage.

20190514_185654.jpg20190514_185701.jpg20190514_185756.jpg20190514_192351.jpg20190514_192325.jpg