Quick connect too hard ?

/ Quick connect too hard ? #1  

Two Dog Ranch

Tractor
John Deere 4320
JD 4320 year 2007 - was hooking up a Rhino auger that I used last year. Like a dummy, I had the bucket raised to make the Auger hookup easier ( side bracket on bucket / loader )

I kept pushing on the hydraulic connections and was cussing hard. Took s break, searched this forum and found a few hints.

I lowered the bucket / turned off tractor and moved the control stick around.

Tried the connections again and they worked. What the heck.

Wanted to post this for Karma sakes.
Lesson learned - Release all pressure from lines by lowering the bucket.

Thanks for reading, I feel better now.

/ Quick connect too hard ? #2  
If you're unplugging your loader valve and connecting that to the implement then yes you need to lower the loader to take the pressure off. If you're connecting to the rear remotes, you don't. I run my grapple off my rear remotes and often connect or disconnect it while the loader is raised and the engine running.

Also if the temperature changes significantly from when the hydraulic implement was last disconnected, it may be hard to connect those quick connects, no matter what the tractor side is doing.

/ Quick connect too hard ? #3  
You using the factory third function to run it? Just turn off tractor turn key back to on but don’t start it and cycle the thumb switch on the loader joystick handle that runs the third function to relieve pressure. Or you could just get your husband to attach it;)