Quick easy electrical question

/ Quick easy electrical question
The poor OP is going to sit there drooling on himself sifting through all this nonsense.

Oh man, I blurted out a loud laugh when I read this the other day,
was thinking to myself, well, it probably wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway I finished up this simple install. Just upped the fuse to 15 amp put a switch on the panel on rt fender in a blank spot, bought a lit rocker switch for $6. at auto zone. JD wanted $45. for a switch to fit that slot.
Ran some 14ga wire, well this is kinda the hokey part, seems auto wire doesn't come in a cable like house wire 14-2 etc. and since I needed power and ground to the light as I couldn't trust the ground on the canopy frame mounted to folding rops, I just went to Home Depot and got some 14-2 stranded wire it's in a decent plastic sheath.
I know there's probably a few reasons why this is wrong but seemed easy at the time.
This circuit is hot to the switch and to an accessory outlet all the time, so I am concerned about a short with the wire running under the machine and over the rear end. I may put a cut off switch on the dash to kill that circuit when not needed.

http://www.rykersafety.com/abl-1500-twin-halogen-work-lamp.html
These are the lights , thought they might of cost more, they do put some very nice light.

Thanks everyone for the help, JB

Attachments

• DSCN6350.JPG
    DSCN6350.JPG
    993 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN6352.jpg
    DSCN6352.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 71
   / Quick easy electrical question #22  
I just went to Home Depot and got some 14-2 stranded wire it's in a decent plastic sheath.
I know there's probably a few reasons why this is wrong but seemed easy at the time.

That what I do. I think it is safer than single wire due to double insulation that is also thicker.