Quick Hitches Quick Hitch attachment?

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #11  
Thanks, I guess I quit reading his post after he mentioned "distance between the lower pins". I notice that the TSC quick hitch has a removable top hook that could be removed and adjusted/modified by a machine shop to accomodate several inches of height differential a lot cheaper than a separate bracket for each implement. Might be worth checking into. I think I will.

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #12  
Actually, the Speeco hitch sold by TSC probably wouldn't need modification. There are several inches of adjustment in the top hook height. Very close in design to the Land Pride. John Deere's I-Match Cat 1 hitch is an almost exact copy of the Land Pride sans the adjustable top hook. One big improvement JD did make was to the release handles. On that score Speeco got it right and Land Pride went cheap. Deere had the good sense to toss the LP handle and go with the Speeco design.

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #13  
But, don't all your implements need to have the same 3-point dimensions, or you negate the advatage of the quick hitch by needing to readjust that top link on your hitch each time you swap implements? It's good to have a quickhitch that is adjustable, but you still need everything you own to be the same?

--->Paul

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #14  
Jim, my thinking was that since Jacque's implements have a 5" height differential, the top hook may need to be lengthened or a new one made to handle that much difference.
Paul, that's why the top hook is so deep, so you can just lower the hitch below and behind the top pin and raise it til the bottom hooks hook up. It allows for several inches of difference.

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #15  
<font color="blue"> But, don't all your implements need to have the same 3-point dimensions, or you negate the advatage of the quick hitch by needing to readjust that top link on your hitch each time you swap implements? </font> The hardest adjustment when attaching three point implements are the lower arms. The quick hitch allows this part to attach easily, just back the arms under the pins and lift a little on the 3 point and everything falls into place. You sometimes do have to do a little adjusting for the top link but that's pretty easy. (all my implements use the same height poisition except one, for the box blade I have to move the top link hook down a bit). While not as good as a Freedom or triangle type hook up, it's still a 100% better than NOT having it. I've done it both ways and haven't had my quick hitch off since I bought it!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #16  
If the top hook on that Speeco/TSC hitch could be attached and adjusted up/down with quickly removable hitch pins instead of what appears to be bolts and nuts that should solve the problem.

/ Quick Hitch attachment? #17  
They are available directly from Deere as replacements to their std links, at least they are for their larger CUT line 45-47xx. Check with your dealer for your particular model.

/ Quick Hitch attachment?
Thanks to all who replyed to this post. I just got off the phone with Bob from Freedom Hitch. I ordered the Freedom Hitch and three attachment pieces, hopefully it will all arrive in the next 7 days. For those who may be interested the total cost including shipping was $900. Thanks again for all the great advise. I will post some pictures arfer I receive everything and con one of the neighbors into helping me set it all up :)